Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Your Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My 2001 MK2/phase 2 Citroen Saxo VTR (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475724)

RichSaxoVTR 22nd November 2018 18:02

My 2001 MK2/phase 2 Citroen Saxo VTR

dturbo 22nd November 2018 21:24

That's a gorgeous looking car you have. Enjoy it!

RichSaxoVTR 23rd November 2018 08:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by dturbo (Post 6554933)
That's a gorgeous looking car you have. Enjoy it!

Thank you. :y:

SpijkerVTS 14th December 2018 23:49

Is that in peterborough by any chance?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

S6SAXO 15th December 2018 14:04

She is absolutely beautiful Rich!

Spent some time getting it that clean, eh?

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

S6SAXO 15th December 2018 14:05

Where did you get the headlights as well by the way OP?

Toothless_VTR 21st December 2018 09:07

They are the angel eye headlights

RichSaxoVTR 23rd December 2018 21:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by S6SAXO (Post 6555092)
Where did you get the headlights as well by the way OP?

Got them from a Company on Ebay. Link below. Also thanks for the positive comments towards my VTR. It's just had two new driveshaft and seals fitted recently... runs like a dream, done loads to it. I also had it remapped so it's quick as f!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-S...53.m2749.l2649

RichSaxoVTR 23rd December 2018 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpijkerVTS (Post 6555084)

West Midlands.

RichSaxoVTR 23rd December 2018 21:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpijkerVTS (Post 6555084)

Nah not there

RichSaxoVTR 22nd January 2019 18:30

My engine bay - An ongoing process.

Adjustable-lightweight aluminium front upper tower brace
Air induction kit
Hornet Sports performance exhaust kit
Remapped

RichSaxoVTR 7th February 2019 18:04

I had my bonnet and spoiler wrapped in hexis professional matt black vinyl a few weeks back. Courtesy of JDM Wrapping. Well pleased with the outcome.

Picture below was just after I cleaned it the weekend just gone (notice the water dripping on the grille, bumper and splitter lol). As you can't wash vinyl wrap with normal car shampoo which has wax in it, I used "Meguiar's Gold Class Car Wash & Meguiar's finishing towel", which they professionally recommend for vinyl wraps on cars.

RichSaxoVTR 5th April 2019 17:46

Private plates added. :y:

RichSaxoVTR 2nd May 2019 21:00

So, last month I got my Saxo VTR back after it having a full engine rebuild; new inlet valves, new exhaust valves, new cambelt, new gaskets, new oil, spark plugs, leads, flushed out and a full service! It only went in for a routine cambelt change and an unfortunate mistake happened where all previous 8 valves got bent (as cambelt slipped 3 notches), lol!!! These are the photos the garage sent me, with a cool photo of some art work done on the Saxo while work was being carried out. Brand new engine now!

Update. Runs great! Still bedding in, etc, and no engine management light comes on anymore. Still need to put my new shocks on all round and sort the light knocking underneath when I turn wheel here and there (believe it's a rubber as i've had a 2 new driveshafts anyway)....

dturbo 5th May 2019 19:48

bet you're glad to have it back with a nice new engine! Did the garage sort it out for you at their cost ?

Looking great. have you fitted new arms recently by any chance (relating to the knocking). Only ask because I fitted two new arms from ebay about 3000 miles ago and have had to replace them (with better ones this time..) due to the balljoints wearing out. Not noticeable on the usual test of 6 O'Clock and 12 O'Clock position, but rather it was vertical play. You could push up on the wishbone and it would move up and down plenty!

Just mentioning it cause I was chasing all sorts of other theories as I assumed it couldn't be balljoints, since I had already done the wishbones.

RichSaxoVTR 9th May 2019 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by dturbo (Post 6557494)
bet you're glad to have it back with a nice new engine! Did the garage sort it out for you at their cost ?

Yeah they did as they admitted liability. And I know them well, so they wouldn't do me over so to speak. Knocking for me i believe is a rubber, but will sort it, or get them to sort it....

However, my engine management light flashed at me last week and came on. I plugged my thingy into it and it read "multiple misfire all all cylinders". Though the car runs great. Any ideas? Taking it back to the next week.

dturbo 9th May 2019 21:46

Could be from the garage doing a compression test or something like that where the car was cranked over with the coil pack / plugs removed. If the car is running fine and the light cleared away OK and is staying away, then I wouldn't worry about it.

RichSaxoVTR 16th May 2019 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dturbo (Post 6557534)
Could be from the garage doing a compression test or something like that where the car was cranked over with the coil pack / plugs removed. If the car is running fine and the light cleared away OK and is staying away, then I wouldn't worry about it.

It erased it via the thingy I pugged into it. It hasn't came back on yet, so fingers crossed. If it does they said bring it back to them.

RichSaxoVTR 16th May 2019 07:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by dturbo (Post 6557534)

I erased it via the thingy I pugged into it. It hasn't came back on yet, so fingers crossed. If it does they said bring it back to them.

RichSaxoVTR 24th May 2019 19:35

My Saxo VTR had some cambelt adjustments and checks today. After all, it had that major engine rebuild last month and with that you have to check things are all 100% still. Engine is running excellent! Now it’s booked in for new shocks all round and new arm links next month.