Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Track / Motorsport Prep' (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=145)
-   -   Polycarbs (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=354392)

Mochachino 1st January 2011 20:53

Polycarbs

Theres been a few threads on how to fit these, but nothing really answers. So with the fronts how do you fit them? like glue them inplace in the plastic bit? Or what?

Rears quarters - bond them in place? Whats best to use?

Rear window, bond again or in the rubber seal thing?

cheers

Dave_P 1st January 2011 21:03

Make a wee bracket to hold up the door windows.

Is your rear window formed or flat?

Mochachino 1st January 2011 21:05

Not sure, got them all from ACW Motorsport Plastics, I guess its formed from them? Arriving next week.

mark1311 1st January 2011 21:06

just fitted some today for the front,... how i did it roughly... butchered my door back abit like so to get more access,

there is a really crap plastic clip thats screwed to the glass this is what the motor go's to make them go up and down, i choped it all off, then you can push the window down, once windows right down, you can remove the rubber this is a pain as there reali tight, as its only realy this tht holds the window in place, once there off, slide the window back up and it comes out, there is some rails inside tht the window sits in, slide the poly carbs into this,push poly carb down, put ruber seals in push window back up, job done, i am going to put some bond under though just to make sure they dont slide down.

hope tht helps, i was going to make a guide but was to hungover and forgot

Mochachino 1st January 2011 21:10

Cheers, think ive got all my windows and sliders, not sure thogh. Removed all the windows and motor/mechinism good few months ago.

mark1311 1st January 2011 21:12

sliders stay in the actuali door, hardest bit i though was removing glass and motors, actuali fitting my poly carbs took me about 10mins, pluse need to put some bond in tomora,

Mochachino 1st January 2011 21:15

This is how my doors are, nothing left in them what so ever. You saying I need the slider in there then?

mark1311 1st January 2011 21:26

give me 10mins will get you a picture, looks like they are though you have twice as much door left as me tbh

Mochachino 1st January 2011 21:29

Nothing in there! They were plastic rivited to the door, but drilled them out.

mark1311 1st January 2011 21:36

alright then, this is what i mean anyways...

Mochachino 1st January 2011 21:44

Think I know what you're sayin ye, cheers mate! Looks like il have to make up something else for it though :n:

mark1311 1st January 2011 21:47

dont reali need it tbh, just helps guide them in and make it easyer, i will be chopping myn out once i have pput some bonding addesive under to hold them in.

Mochachino 1st January 2011 21:50

You know the black strip that seals between the window and the door, theres like a ridge in that, reckon the polycarb would fit in the groove in that? If you know what I mean?

mark1311 1st January 2011 21:54

not 100% what you mean mate, the orginal rubbers hold it pretty dam tright into place though. i have tryed to pull myn down and they wont go, just wont to put some sealant there just incase.