Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suspected Scammer Info (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=134)
-   -   dan_furnival - scammer (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=359876)

TipTopTom 28th January 2011 15:08

dan_furnival - scammer

Hi all.
Believe I've been scammed. All relevant information here, this is the email I sent to paypal (and no, I wasn't stupid enough to send it via gift!!) :

I recently saw this person on a popular forum selling 2x iPhone 4's.

My mother and I have been looking to buy these for ourselves for a while and the price seemed too good to be true! Apparently, it was!

The link to the forum is here:
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...ghlight=iphone

This person's username is dan_furnival.
Mine is Tiptoptom.

After readin this, I sent dan_furnival a private message. Here is the conversation:

Me-
Hey man, been looking for an iphone for a while, as has my mum! We're both on orange and both interested!

Will take both of them off your hands if you still have them?

dan_furnival -
they are still for sale had quite a few pm's now but givin u first refusal as u messaged me 1st

Me -
Hi man,

Address is:

Tom Murphy
18 Elmwood Avenue
Bridgwater
Somerset
TA66AQ

Have you got paypal? Not going to do it any other way. And just to be sure I'm not scamming you, it would be best if you sent them with a service than needs signitures so you can prove I've got them.

I've been scammed in the past with paypal!

Tom.

dan_furnival -
paypal is dan_furnival@hotmail.com postage will be 4£ recorded delivery

After this point I sent payment and asked if he'd recieved it. He never wrote back, and have recieved no items, and no replies so far to countless emails.

Tom.

Yellow_Saxo_Paul 28th January 2011 17:13

so two phones at £350 each= £700 plus the recorded delivery £4= £704 you have been apparently scammed?

Ouch, least you did it over goods/services.

TipTopTom 28th January 2011 17:45

Yup. Was sceptical to say the least. But that's a massive saving on normal price. Had to try.

Still, I'll get it back I think.

MikeYost 28th January 2011 18:15

I looked at these and it did tempt me, glad I didn't! Scamming cunt

TipTopTom 28th January 2011 18:54

I just wondered if he did the same with anyone else. Because there's no point selling to one person if hes scamming. Nobody knew I was buying, he could have "sold" them to loads.

VTHall 28th January 2011 23:10

i remember seeing these advertised.

rorz_vts 4th February 2011 09:22

same that would of been a bargain bud, seams to me like he got the money and done a runner as he hasnt been back on sax-p since

bfc2dabone 10th March 2011 16:02

has this all been sorted out, just hes got another one in the 4 sale section
http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=367367

VTHall 10th March 2011 19:48

nice bump bfc

Oli 11th March 2011 00:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTHall (Post 5174707)
nice bump bfc

Reasonable bump as he is trying to sell the same thing again tbh...

haz_pro 11th March 2011 04:23

Just VTHall being a bellend as usual to be honest.

VTHall 11th March 2011 12:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by haz_pro (Post 5175870)
Just VTHall being a bellend as usual to be honest.

wtf?
I said it was a nice bump, reason being he lives in shropshire (as i do) and ive even messaged the guy who is owed £700 quid + which he can vouch for saying if i he can get an adress ill go down to this guy and see whats going on.

Now stop fucking butting in and get your facts right. Idiot.

haz_pro 11th March 2011 12:53

Haha my bad :-P thought you were being sarcastic.

devilsadvocate 11th March 2011 13:16

So glad I didnt buy these, hopefully the fuzz get hold of him and he gets bummed in prison.....assuming he is guilty :)

Oli 11th March 2011 14:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTHall (Post 5176272)
wtf?
I said it was a nice bump, reason being he lives in shropshire (as i do) and ive even messaged the guy who is owed £700 quid + which he can vouch for saying if i he can get an adress ill go down to this guy and see whats going on.

Now stop fucking butting in and get your facts right. Idiot.

When people say nice bump its usally ment sarcasticly, apologies if it wasn't.

bfc2dabone 11th March 2011 17:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by VTHall (Post 5174707)
nice bump bfc

its ok vthall, i knew wot you ment lol ;)

VTHall 11th March 2011 22:15

I dont really know how i confused anyway, this thread was dead and buried so i just said good bump to bring it to everyones knowledge.

dan_furnival 12th March 2011 12:50

this money has been refunded, there was a cock up with the postal service i have receipts to prove they were sent but never got signed for, i am NOT a scammer this was a genuine mistake i have been in talks with the post office and i have had the items returned!!!!!!!

VTHall 15th March 2011 21:21

pics of reciepts?

ric_b3 15th March 2011 23:14

Good question