Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Improved Cars and Saxos for Sale Rules (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=435568)

harry289 25th September 2012 10:16

Improved Cars and Saxos for Sale Rules

Personally I feel it should be a rule that when submitting a car for sale thread the seller should follow an arranged/template of a for sale thread that includes subheadings such as:

Make:
Model:
Year:
Tax expiry date:
MOT expiry date:
2 keys?
Service history:
Recent work:
Modifications:
Bad bits/condition:
Price:

Then have a rule that the seller needs to upload at least 4 exterior pictures clearly showing all 4 corners of the car, at least 2 interior pictures and at least 1 engine bay picture or have their thread deleted.

I don't know what some people's opinions are on this? There are quite a lot of half arsed for sale threads with no pictures that are a waste of time for people to even attempt to look at.

Pitbull69 25th September 2012 10:26

Totally agree, would make life much easier, and there is no reason a seller shouldn't be able to provide the above information very easily

Jay_ 25th September 2012 10:44

It would also make much easier to read. When people write essays and avoid the key aspects it does my head in.

harry289 25th September 2012 10:48

Devilsadvocate has made a decent template, but to make it a rule that you have to use the template AND to post the pictures I said above. Would improve the chance of the seller to actually sell their car faster too

m4tt274 25th September 2012 11:10

i agree! stupid when people dont. thankfully my add is near to your outline so i dont get in trouble.

Giraffe 26th September 2012 10:08

Surely if the seller makes a crap advert, it's to their detriment? Nobody is forcing you to buy their car and it would be a lot of work for the mods just to make sure a for sale advert is up to scratch or delete. Think you're going OTT.

Spanky 27th September 2012 02:15

i never realised stating that you have 2 keys was so important...

Jamie 27th September 2012 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_E30 (Post 6106908)
Surely if the seller makes a crap advert, it's to their detriment? Nobody is forcing you to buy their car and it would be a lot of work for the mods just to make sure a for sale advert is up to scratch or delete. Think you're going OTT.

I always make OTT adverts to shift a car as it's what I'd want to see and because I want the best chance in shifting the car. No point in helping people shift their cars it's their prerogative.

I made a thread about this ages ago it's not likely to happen or be enforced.

My old VTS FS thread is stickied on ZSOC lol

http://zsoc.com/showthread.php?t=204865

rey 27th September 2012 07:57

What about setting the title in a format that gives the basics as well?

I.e. Make / Model / Year / Mileage / Price / Colour / Location.

(Shamelessly "borrowed" from CTRO)

Ross 27th September 2012 08:53

You guys are of course welcome to propose a template (and I can add it to the stickies as a "suggested post layout" or something) but in reality, it's not going to be made a rule and enforced as such.

There's a lot of admin overhead already required of the mods, and checking someone's for sale post for errors isn't something we'd add to that.

Like I say, feel free to create a best endeavors template and we'll recommend it, but if people don't follow that, that's their problem if they lose a prospective buyer.

Giraffe 27th September 2012 10:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 6107972)
You guys are of course welcome to propose a template (and I can add it to the stickies as a "suggested post layout" or something) but in reality, it's not going to be made a rule and enforced as such.

There's a lot of admin overhead already required of the mods, and checking someone's for sale post for errors isn't something we'd add to that.

Like I say, feel free to create a best endeavors template and we'll recommend it, but if people don't follow that, that's their problem if they lose a prospective buyer.

Think there is already a template in the stickies that devilsadvocate did

smiith 27th September 2012 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTI_89 (Post 6107891)
i never realised stating that you have 2 keys was so important...

This, only 1 car iv owned has come with 2 keys..

Ross 27th September 2012 12:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dave_E30 (Post 6108038)
Think there is already a template in the stickies that devilsadvocate did

ah perfect. :) Cheers Dave :)