Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Saxo Engine/Performance (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Hey every1 (new here) (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62354)

_VTR_ 14th January 2007 18:43

Hey every1 (new here)

Hi everyone,new here hows it goin? ive got a 1998 vtr, only engine mods atm atm are induction and exhaust, anyone know if its worth getting performance manifolds and getting the car chipped and raising the rev limiter, in regard to that what's a safe limit? thanks

hesslevtr 14th January 2007 18:46

performane manifolds are good

persoanlly for the money you wouls spend camming and re mapping the ecu on a vtr you sould get a vts for more or less same money

and be at same level of performance

_VTR_ 14th January 2007 18:53

ive got a friend 2 remap my ecu so price of thats not an issue, just wondering about the increased redline?

Sean 14th January 2007 18:58

no need to increase the limiter on standard cam, and i doubt your friend has the equipment to remap standard ecu :)

_VTR_ 14th January 2007 19:02

y not?id like to know y not,if hes fulla shit id rather not give him my car?lol

Ryan 14th January 2007 19:02

does your friend know anything about mapping the ecu,
and does he have a Rolling road available as a car should be remapped on a rolling road :P

Ryan 14th January 2007 19:03

std cam only makes power at a certain rev range, as you go for a steeper cam grind later on then you could justify the need for higher rev limit..

no point at the moment IMO.

_VTR_ 14th January 2007 19:05

i dont mean in his garage btw, he used to work at a performance garage so hel take it there and im assuming get someone to do it on ther cheap there but if this sounds pointless/suspect id like to know.

Ryan 14th January 2007 19:07

its pointless.

a remap would be good once you have spent money else where, but when mapping the car is mapped for each mod effectively, so you planning on paying for a remap after each little change you do to the engine??

_VTR_ 14th January 2007 19:10

good point, dont reli wna spend too much it is only a saxo after all, love the car but cant justify spending 2 much, the most pointless thing ive ever seen is paying 2500 for a turbo kit for a saxo to get 30-40 bhp thats rediculous!

Ryan 14th January 2007 19:30

2500 to gain 30-40..

must be a shite turbo kit as most produce alot more than that :P

Dan 14th January 2007 19:40

As others have said, a manifold is a good buy as is buying an aftermarket cam. Re-mapping shouldnt be done until the car is cammed.

_VTR_ 15th January 2007 12:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Itsafastworld85 (Post 863468)
2500 to gain 30-40..

must be a shite turbo kit as most produce alot more than that :P

i havn't seen a turbo kit for a saxo gain anymore than 30-40bhp so far, unless you spend alot more, remember its only a 1.6 8v on the vtr. Im pretty sure you could get bout 30-40 alot cheaper from other things,i maybe wrong though

VTS_16v_Boy 15th January 2007 12:44

Best way of gettin a smoother power band and making the most of your performance exhaust is fitting a 4branch manifold.

4-2-1 = better for low to mid range power

4-1 = better for mid to high range power

Its easy to say swop the 8v for 16v but if insurance is a problem or you have already spent £400-£600 on tuning the 8v via exhausts, Induction kits, uprated leads and so on I cant see the point of wasting all the money to upgrade top 16v because your want to do all the mods again.

Consider insurance and fitting if your looking to go 16v on top of the price of the lump.

as for tuning the 8v after manifold cams would be next, I think you can leave the remapping till the cams dont claim to be an expert on mapping but i think Im rite in sayin remappin for just bolt on mods is a waste.

Please can someone correct me if Im wrong, thanx guys :-)

Hannah 15th January 2007 12:45

Welcome!! :D

Danr 15th January 2007 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by _VTR_ (Post 864779)
i havn't seen a turbo kit for a saxo gain anymore than 30-40bhp so far, unless you spend alot more, remember its only a 1.6 8v on the vtr. Im pretty sure you could get bout 30-40 alot cheaper from other things,i maybe wrong though

Look at Simo's vts on the homepage, made a bit more than 40bhp lol :)

_VTR_ 15th January 2007 13:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hannah (Post 864877)
Welcome!! :D

heya, thnks :)
In regards to the post about getting a 16v over an 8v, im only jsut 19 and got the vtr mainly becuase of looks as ive done alot in that department, and insurance was relativly high on everything else, if insurance was cheaper i wouldnt have gone for a saxo at all really, noce cars but for the prices they go for, definetely not worth it, i could of actualy got a 2.2 vtec prelude for less than i paid for my vtr.