Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Wicked Red 110hp JP4 Powered Berlingo Dog Taxi (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473182)

Mickswan 9th May 2016 20:38

Wicked Red 110hp JP4 Powered Berlingo Dog Taxi

Well with the wife decidin she wanted a dog last year we opted for a Labrador. Problem is he's not getting in the Saxo and she's pissing and moaning her new'ish Corsa's being runnier by a dog that loves mud.

I had toyed with the idea of getting a derv estate, but Blackie had this Cat C beast for sale and I thought why not.

Damage repaired (rear light and a boot lid) and she's good to go. Just needs to be serviced, a CD player and the passenger side electric window is sticking when it goes up.

Apart from that, it's not a bad motor for the money and even included free delivery by Mr Blacklock. Engine bay's clean, four good tyres so what's not to like.

Whilst poking my nose around it's had quite a few new parts such as exhaust, clutch cable, rear shocks and rad. Obviously looked after most of its life.

SimpleJoee 10th May 2016 11:46

Track slag.

shannon-ob 10th May 2016 12:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by SimpleJoee (Post 6538849)
Track slag.

this is why you have no cams yet... :fcuk:

Mickswan 10th May 2016 18:12

Sorry Joe, I just slung them in this!!!! The idle is epic!

Mickswan 12th May 2016 20:16

Fixed the fob for the central locking:

One of the buttons was missing from the circuit board, so I found an old Saxo fob and de-soldered the button.

Soldered it into the board on the Berlingo Board and put everything into a new case and it's all working.

Quite happy it all works, makes the difference!

Not sure when it was last serviced and found unopened engine and gear box oil so that'll all be done at the weekend. Bought a K&N panel filter for £20 so happy days.

MuZiZZle 13th May 2016 07:05

I had no idea they had this engine, please make this a track spec weapon then turbo it

Mickswan 13th May 2016 07:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuZiZZle (Post 6538966)
I had no idea they had this engine, please make this a track spec weapon then turbo it

I didn't, when I seen Blackie advertise it I thought 'that'll do me champion'.

I can imagine whacking a turbo on this would turn heads!

welshpug 13th May 2016 10:36

these are where half the BE4 boxes come from for saxo's!

though early ones were still ma...

Mickswan 14th May 2016 17:49

Done a service including the gearbox oil. Took the seats out and gave them a jet wash, came up canny considering they've seen 100k!!

Also checked the state of the front end running gear and all is ok

Just waiting for the sodding log book now!!!

Here's to the next 100k

Mickswan 22nd May 2016 19:10

Replace the passenger window mechanism with a £10 eBay replacement and it's all good. Also needed some clips on a few bits of interior trim, glad they are the same as the ones in a Saxo!

Taxes and insured, done 150 miles and it was fine apart from the heat shield banging about a bit. Does the job!

Jigs2895 23rd May 2016 19:19

Bwaaarrpppppp it!!!

Mickswan 3rd July 2016 18:53

Had to change a couple of engine mounts, gearbox one took ten minutes, but fuck me the rear engine mount was a fucking nightmare.

I thought it'll be similar to the Saxo, bracket off new mount pressed in and done. No, had to remove the driveshaft as the mount was part of the drive shaft carrier.

3 hours to strip it out due to ceased bolts. I need to invest in a impact gun ASAP. All back together in 30 minutes.

Jigs2895 3rd July 2016 21:29

Less engine mount, more turbo.

Mickswan 4th July 2016 09:59

More AX, I've actually made a start on the AX!!

welshpug 4th July 2016 12:07

*Seized bolts.

theyre still theyre, they haven't ceased to exist :D

same rear mount as a saxo if its an MA box...

Mickswan 6th July 2016 22:47

Noted on the spelling.

BE Box

Mickswan 6th August 2016 19:25

Took the beast up to Scotland camping and the old Berlingo served me well until I hit a canny pot hole. Managed to blow a shocker which was a bit of a bastard, whenever I go over a speed bump it knocks like Muz's head board when he's at work!!

The beast

For the low sum of £115 I managed to get the below from Euro Parts in the sale:

Top mount bearings
Shockers
Springs
Drop links
Ball joints

Seems like over kill but for the money I can't moan, parts aren't the best quality but it'll serve, keep it running for a while. Just glad you don't need to remove the full strut to change a shock.

Plus I can see how good the electric impact driver I got fairs!

At some point soon I'll refurb my callipers with new seals etc.

Mickswan 2nd September 2016 18:25

Suspension was all done in the last couple of days. Needed a new wheel bearing as it was well wankered.

Fancy a cheap set of alloys if some pop up on gumtree or ebay.

Mickswan 3rd September 2016 15:55

Cheap set of alloys

Mickswan 19th January 2017 21:53

Sold for £600 good while it lasted