Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Redesign (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=443348)

Brettles1986 16th January 2013 22:06

Redesign

Will fall on deaf ears but Saxp is looking a bit dated, I think bringing it into the 21st century would be advantageous. Obviously there is a fine line between making it look nice and ensuring it's easy to use.

Something as simple as making the menu's more web 2.0

Giraffe 21st January 2013 12:23

Site works fine though and is an easy layout... If it aint broke?

Prickle 21st January 2013 12:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 6212497)
Site works fine though and is an easy layout... If it aint broke?

... fix it anyway.

:P

GolfJay 23rd February 2013 09:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 6212497)
If it aint broke?

Fix it until it is!

Brettles1986 25th February 2013 00:03

How did I not see these updates

Agreed it works but surely change is not a bad thing, Google works but changes all the time as do other popular sites

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Scott 25th February 2013 09:23

genuinely if someone can invent another couple of spare months into the year then it could happen. At the moment i can barely get enough time to just get online to visit :@

Giraffe 25th February 2013 10:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6246800)
How did I not see these updates

Agreed it works but surely change is not a bad thing, Google works but changes all the time as do other popular sites

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk 2

Does Google change all the time though? As far as I can tell, it still revolves around the logo and a box for you to put a search in, which is the core of it all and what has always been the core... The basics tend to stay the same.

Change is only good if you improve, but why spend time and resources improving something that already works well enough?

baker556 25th February 2013 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 6246918)
Does Google change all the time though? As far as I can tell, it still revolves around the logo and a box for you to put a search in, which is the core of it all and what has always been the core... The basics tend to stay the same.

Change is only good if you improve, but why spend time and resources improving something that already works well enough?

Google has a stupid amount changed to it in the background and what it does, its quite simple really google has that massive white page with just google and a search box as no one has the money to advertise on that page thats seen to millions if not billions of people daily.

Googles backend and search related items is always changing along with its gmail, maps, android store, you name it everything a really silly comment.

Sax-p is getting tired and really dated imo, clio sport have a great looking forum i don't think it would take too much just to change, fonts, colours and some background pictures now do you?

MrHouston 25th February 2013 22:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 6246918)

Because it's dated, it's always better to have a modern looking website. Puts a good image on the club and shows that the site gets updated

GolfJay 26th February 2013 16:06

Edition38 have updated there's last week.

A lot nicer to have a modern looking forum.

Prickle 26th February 2013 16:08

Before and after pics 'Girv?

welshpug 26th February 2013 16:53

looks fine to me, just get rid of the massive sigs, ban the illiterate spamming noobs, sorted.

have you seen 306gti6.com??! that's stuck in 2002!

CraigLovelock 26th February 2013 17:02

Ipb3... Everyone is using it / upgrading to it

GolfJay 26th February 2013 17:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prickle (Post 6248059)
Before and after pics 'Girv?

No before but this link should work

Edition38

Just having a modern look makes using the site more enoyable

Matt_e 1st March 2013 16:15

think the site has had the same look since 2006 at least, when i joined

Yates 9th March 2013 13:50

forums fine, but the home page/blogd and all that could be, but then its still a good site, runs well, no one has time to change it so no point, its not going to go down hill because of it

TomT 19th March 2013 21:35

Does look old as shit though