Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Tom's S14a. Black on black sideways action. (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=466636)

holdawayt 8th September 2014 12:26

Tom's S14a. Black on black sideways action.

Bought something silly again...

This time I fancied an S14a, the front end makes my willy move and the power they can put out is really impressive. As usual I've found a cheap one that needs a bit of work.

It's at stage 1a which means it has a Horsham Developments chip, 3" exhaust, HKS mushroom air filter, big ass front mount intercooler, uprated fuel pump and was apparently rolling

The car is in good nick underneath, needs a patch putting on to the sills but it looks like most of the work has already been done. Will hopefully sort that patch this week.

Pics:

Plans are to get it running properly, sort the welding, whack some nice wheels on it, tidy it up a bit then get some proper gauges in there with some bucket seats. I'll be a happy chappy then.

Ta.

Chris_O 8th September 2014 13:18

Mine started developing a hesitation under load, turned out to be losing compression then the headgasket went bang, so bear that in mind!

Prickle 8th September 2014 13:26

Looking good Tom.

chompy 8th September 2014 13:31

so much yum

samueljonburgess 9th September 2014 06:37

Hesitation could just be a boost leak or coil pack

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

holdawayt 9th September 2014 07:46

Could be many things, it's going for a welding quote today, once that's sorted it's going to a garage we know to have an oil leak looked at (it's horrendous). Then we can start chasing down the boost issue.

qrty 9th September 2014 09:03

Always copying me! :homme:

holdawayt 9th September 2014 10:40

I just idolise you.

When I'm less embarrassed by it I'll come and show you.

holdawayt 10th September 2014 08:48

Welding has been booked for Monday 15th, it's no where near as bad as I'd thought and will be a nice quick turn around. The quote was reasonable too.

Once that's back and I've recouped some funds I'll send it down to Doritech in Halesowen for some engine work.

Getting there slowly.

Brettles1986 10th September 2014 08:54

Nice.

Not a huge fan of the standard styling on these but the power would make up for that.

I can't help but feel the rear is missing a spoiler of some sort.

holdawayt 10th September 2014 09:36

Yeah the rear end makes babies cry, it's like a nasty Ford from the 90's. Luckily there's the Kouki spoiler to sharpen it all up a bit. I don't mind the look without a wing but I would prefer a subtle spoiler.

I could sit and stare at the front end all day though. The interior isn't too vile either considering it's Nissan. The cream leather seats will be set on fire soon and replaced with some black ones. Then I'll whack a bucket seat in the driver's side.

AEM wideband has just turned up too, happy days.

lewismonteith 10th September 2014 12:30

What are these like to drive compared to the 5?

Ross 10th September 2014 12:35

I really don't like these. Sorry :/

But regardless, the rear really needs something done with it. Spoiler for sure.

Any better photos that might sway my narrow-minded opinion?

holdawayt 10th September 2014 13:22

Nope, if you don't like them you don't like them. Not much swaying to be done lol.

I bought it because of the power possibilities, rwd and the fact that I like how the front end looks. Rear I can live with.

Lewis - Compared to an MX5? Completely different, as you'd expect with a completely different car :s

Prickle 10th September 2014 14:09

This spoiler tommy

qrty 10th September 2014 15:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ross (Post 6479404)
I really don't like these. Sorry :/

I'm disappointed in you Ross!

qrty 10th September 2014 15:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prickle (Post 6479442)
This spoiler tommy

Rocket bunny spoilers without the kit looks silly! :n:

Brettles1986 10th September 2014 15:13

That looks badass ... almost Nascar like.

holdawayt 10th September 2014 21:11

My shitty Taiwanese turbo timer decided to fuck up today so that's gone in the bin. Would normally take the circuit board out and take a look but I really can't be arsed for what they cost.

Oh and I've disconnected the horn, took the wheel off to put it back on straight and the horn stuck on constantly. I'll sort that tomorrow but I'll add a new wheel and boss onto my shopping list.

I like this thing, it's wonderfully testing.

holdawayt 12th September 2014 08:33

Horn is fixed thanks to my impeccable wiring skills.

AEM Wideband has turned up, now I can see if my engine is going to shit itself.

Last night I decided to pull the fuel pump out to see if the seller was telling the truth about it being an upgraded one. It looks like it is, but as I removed the pump one of the power feeds to the pump came loose. That was a joy fishing it out of the tank.

Welding Monday...