Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Joe's 2016 VW Polo GTI 2016 (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473029)

MuZiZZle 23rd June 2016 22:31

What you want is a VTS.

D4MJT and me took a standard one to Teeside and fucked a load of people over on mixmatched poverty tyres.

Also, if I may, the in car of you on track, you seem to apply bursts of steering input many times around corners, rather than one continuous movement to match the arc, I'd work on that

hard_corejoeboy 23rd June 2016 22:35

Yes. My driving was wank lol

It was my first two laps on track with the car though...

deano_123 23rd June 2016 22:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 6540403)
I drove a Polo Gti round the track yes I'm not going to say if it was my one or not just in case lol

I've noted the reg down in the event I'm ever after a raggedy Polo in a few years and this comes up, this way I can avoid the car and you :y:

In your next Youtube hit can you give some trackdriving tips as well as winter garment advice?

hard_corejoeboy 23rd June 2016 22:52

The point of that post was what exactly?

deano_123 23rd June 2016 23:02

The exact same as yours :y:

hard_corejoeboy 23rd June 2016 23:06

Oh I was under the impression that you would rather buy a car based in the "one lady owner from new"

Irrespective of how the car was maintained.

deano_123 23rd June 2016 23:18

Meh, I have a broken Range Rover, I am highly impressed and much prefer the Peugeot 108 courtesy car the dealer gave me

Stissy 24th June 2016 13:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 6540460)
Oh I was under the impression that you would rather buy a car based in the "one lady owner from new"

Irrespective of how the car was maintained.

To be fair my first car, a 7 year old 1.1 Peugeot 106, was a “one lady owner from new” - and it was fantastic.

hard_corejoeboy 24th June 2016 13:12

Well the car is treated well. Second hand market is always hit and miss so you take your chances and live with them!

Tom5190 27th June 2016 13:04

Shit brakes from standard.... welcome to VAG Ha. Same situation in the S3.

Tyre wise, Nankang NS2R's have done me well and were a boat load cheaper than Michelin PS3's.

hard_corejoeboy 27th June 2016 14:23

Federal are £66 a tyre so will probably go for those in the future. Just need to find some wheels that are 17" 5x100 et 44 and 7.5 wide.

Hopefully next trackday I can resolve the braking issues by removing the fogs and using some ducting and just doing 2-3 laps max. Eventually i'll bite the bullet and get some new pads if I can even find any uprated ones as it's such a new car

hard_corejoeboy 27th June 2016 14:24

https://youtu.be/mYuOoShKZ3k

Trying to keep an m3 behind me with failing brakes and a Clio that won't move out the way lol

Tom5190 28th June 2016 08:17

Which Federals are you looking at?

I think you will struggle with just a pad upgrade for track use but you will only find out by trying it I guess. The problem with mine (which seems to be the problem with anything VAG related) was cooling like so removing fogs is a start but id see if you can come up with something more long term at-least it will always be working then. Have a look at these. I've fit them to mine, you could build some ducts into the inner arch to feed more air to them too:

http://www.thettshop.com/performance...&product=60001

hard_corejoeboy 28th June 2016 14:25

Yeah I have some ducting and the car already has some sort of opening in the wheel arches. Not sure if that's for brake cooling or something else but it's there!

hard_corejoeboy 9th July 2016 22:13

Piece of German shit only went and broke on me hasn't it?

EPC light has come on the dash and no boost or power at all.

So a technician will be round tomorrow morning. Doubtful in my mind that it will get fixed and will probably be at vw all week. Let's hope not.

Stissy 10th July 2016 10:00

My brother-in-law has just bought the new Golf GTi. It's an excellent car. You should've bought that.

hard_corejoeboy 10th July 2016 11:22

I didn't really need the Golf and according to Top Gear tests it's slower than the Polo!

But yeah if the turbo didn't blow that would be beneficial! In at VW tomorrow to get fixed. I really can't understand how a turbo can blow on such a new car that's treated nicely. I always let the car fully warm before I drive fast and I cool it down when it gets home etc

Pretty pissed off if I'm honest.

deano_123 10th July 2016 11:58

Its because you took it on track

hard_corejoeboy 10th July 2016 17:14

I didn't take my own personal car on track though. I did take A Polo on track though.

Even if that were the case 10-15 laps over the space of a few hours should not be enough to blow up a turbo on a brand new car. Besides that was over a month ago anyway so even if it was my car that was tracked (which it wasnt) why didn't it blow on track and not on the A11 doing 70mph

MuZiZZle 10th July 2016 19:03

It's a polo man, not an SLS gullwing, they just lash them together