Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Non Saxo Photos / Videos / Progress Reports (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=154)
-   -   Joe's 2016 VW Polo GTI 2016 (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=473029)

MuZiZZle 24th August 2016 12:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stissy (Post 6542608)
I watched your review of the 1.0 Polo S yesterday. I wanted to ask, why is it a granddad car?

Because it's not an amazing Polo GTI?

hard_corejoeboy 24th August 2016 13:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stissy (Post 6542608)
I watched your review of the 1.0 Polo S yesterday. I wanted to ask, why is it a granddad car?

Why are you watching my videos. They are rubbish remember. It's a Grandad car because it's in a Grandad colour and has a Grandad interior and is Grandad slow.

As for PH apparantly you aren't allowed to link your own youtube videos which is kind of nuts on a car forum.

MuZiZZle 24th August 2016 13:38

That'l be anti advertising rules I guess, if you're monetizing your videos.

I may review my civic, bwapapapapapapapapaapppppp

hard_corejoeboy 24th August 2016 13:41

Do it! It's a good car!

Stissy 24th August 2016 16:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 6542611)
Why are you watching my videos. They are rubbish remember. It's a Grandad car because it's in a Grandad colour and has a Grandad interior and is Grandad slow.

I don’t remember saying they’re rubbish. I thought they were alright and was encouraging you to do more. But if you don’t want the hits because some people on a Saxo forum have upset you then that’s your call.

As for ‘granddad’ colour/interior/speed, that’s both a stupid and ignorant sweeping statement to make. I know plenty of people who are in their late 40s to late 60s, who are granddads, and drive very nice high-end saloon cars – BMWs, Audis, Mercs Jaguars etc. A lot favour the more economical diesels and so rarely break the 200bhp barrier, but they’re highly spec’d with leather, nav, xenons and so on.

If you fancy yourself as a bit of a budget Chris Harris then you need to start thinking about what you’re saying, because you know your stuff. Rather than just talking between intermittently saying “so yeah”.

Dany4494 24th August 2016 19:33

Link ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Stissy 24th August 2016 19:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dany4494 (Post 6542627)
Link ?

https://youtu.be/5AmSuNslztI

hard_corejoeboy 24th August 2016 21:30

It's all perception really. In MY mind it's a grandad car because I don't know anyone my age that would drive one (or indeed that does drive one)

The "so yeah's" are because all my stuff is unscripted and usually done on the spot after no sleep the night before :)

But thanks for the feedback! It's nice to receive some constructive criticism rather than pure trolling or hating.

deano_123 24th August 2016 22:12

Your self imposed exile went well then

hard_corejoeboy 24th August 2016 23:06

Supply and demand. There was a demand and I supplied it lol

deano_123 25th August 2016 13:16

I dont remember anyone ordering a dickhead?

hard_corejoeboy 25th August 2016 16:15

Apparantly they did from the above post!

MuZiZZle 25th August 2016 16:17

Mocks Grandad cars, drives a polo, dat logic doe!

Gandi699 25th August 2016 16:33

Daniel Craig reviews car

Dany4494 25th August 2016 18:35

Stfu muz muz you drive a civic!

Stissy 26th August 2016 12:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 6542629)
It's all perception really. In MY mind it's a grandad car because I don't know anyone my age that would drive one (or indeed that does drive one)

The "so yeah's" are because all my stuff is unscripted and usually done on the spot after no sleep the night before :)

But thanks for the feedback! It's nice to receive some constructive criticism rather than pure trolling or hating.

But, do you know anyone your age that wouldn’t own a GT-R? By your judgement that means it is also a granddad car.

However, you know your stuff about the cars you’re reviewing and you’ve obviously done your research - so credit to you there.

hard_corejoeboy 26th August 2016 13:12

Agree to disagree lol

I can't imagine many young lads aspiring to own a polo s whereas I bet many aspire to the GTR. I dunno I see your point though..

GolfJay 28th August 2016 22:14

I'm confused. It's a Grandads car because young lads don't want them? We're talking about a VW Polo, right? They're fucking everywhere! They're also VERY popular with young lads. Just look at any VW show. They're literally everywhere!

Dare I ask what you think of a Tesla P100D? They're not driven by young lads, mostly "adults" and the elderly (Best words I can use). But what about the fact it does 0-60 in 2.5 seconds? The fact that it's the fastest accelerating production car in the world? Doesn't really sound like something a grandad would own...

hard_corejoeboy 28th August 2016 22:38

I was talking about a Polo S which sits right at the very bottom of the range. A young lad is going to want a tsi or a blue GT at the minimum in my opinion. Take a look at the video and tell me it doesn't come across as a Grandads car.

I don't believe I actually called it a Grandad car anyway! I'm sure I just said "I've come to call that colour grandad blue" and said it had "grandad spec seats"

Unless someone is going to pull up some sales data on it or something can we just move along with the thread? Thanks.

Stissy 29th August 2016 12:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy (Post 6542726)
I was talking about a Polo S which sits right at the very bottom of the range. A young lad is going to want a tsi or a blue GT at the minimum in my opinion.

I do agree with this, but what a young lad wants and what a young lad can realistically afford are two different things. At 17 I would’ve loved a 106 GTi however the insurance was ridiculous (if I could get it at all) so I settled for a more entry level Independence with a 1.1 engine. The same applied for my friends who bought 1.25 Fiestas, 1.0 Corsas etc. All of these cars probably fall under your ‘granddad’ category.