Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   no post count in gen chat? (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=232267)

Ashleyp 22nd May 2009 18:52

no post count in gen chat?

ok so following on both mine & simo's thread earlier, it seems all the respectable members on here are against how the site has gone in terms of spam

id like to hear some of the mods views on getting rid of post count in gen chat?

imo it'd clear up the spam as a LOT less people wont be able to build up their e-penis's and have more post count then others.

i can see the argument against it, in terms of "theyll only go elsewhere" but at least if they did, it'd be a lot easier to pick out a spammer in a tech section

just to name a few, i know i could go to (for certain advice within their respective area of knowledge) BULLIT, ryan, ferg, j222ra, adsayer, coonper, pred.... and so many more, these are the guys who contribute to the site as it should be imo

anyway, "rant" over, discuss please guys?

Ben 22nd May 2009 18:55

As said in other threads though mate, they would go elsewhere to do the spammage.

Ashleyp 22nd May 2009 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ben (Post 3338994)
As said in other threads though mate, they would go elsewhere to do the spammage.

edited my 1st post,

they would go elsewhere, but theyd stick out like a saw thumb in a tech area posting crap

and it'd be dealt with a LOT harsher imo, as gen chat is relativly laid back

Ben 22nd May 2009 18:58

I know what you mean mate and it's a decent idea. Just gotta see what the big guys say.

MrHouston 22nd May 2009 19:04

cant see that helping, i don't think anybody is really arsed about post count

newpersn 22nd May 2009 19:11

i say. find the spammer. warn taking 50% off post count. (if fails temp ban then pem ban)

saxoboy91 22nd May 2009 19:15

tbh i can't see it making a difference, they'll probz still spam as much. think it should just be a case of the people who come on and just post bollocks and pointless threads should just be banned, even if its a temp ban and hopefully they learn there lesson,if they dont then thats it...permanent ban

Rob-6 22nd May 2009 19:16

just ban spammers post count will be pointless if it doesnt count posts!

bullit 22nd May 2009 19:18

ashley you missed my name ;)

Mieran 22nd May 2009 19:20

Is there really people that care about post count? If so they they are mentally dysfunctional.

The last thing I would think about is a number under my user name.

Ryan 22nd May 2009 19:21

TBH I feel spamming is less to do with post counts in some cases and more to them just being morons.

Rob-6 22nd May 2009 19:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mieran (Post 3339098)
Is there really people that care about post count? If so they they are mentally dysfunctional.

The last thing I would think about is a number under my user name.

im just saying that if you take away post counts from gen chat people will go else where so u might aswell take away post counts alltogether

Ashleyp 22nd May 2009 19:28

IMO it does matter. not to you or I (the genuine members of saxP) but it was like rep, everyone cared about how much e-rep they had

banning should and will be enforced as simo has said..

i think this is a worthwhile idea personally, but can also see where all of you were comming from

bullit - edited babe

Mieran 22nd May 2009 19:43

Some of the other forums don't have a post count all together but that wouldn't work here because of the for sale section

bullit 22nd May 2009 20:24

something will always get abused. if the post count dissapeared it would be something else

stinkycheese 22nd May 2009 20:28

people dont care about their post count anyway. thats not why they spam. fuck me, if i had a post count like bullit's id feel like a right knob!

Prickle 22nd May 2009 20:36

WTF, me not contributing, i help members in the PS section, made a guide and lick stickies!

Yeah i admit i went silly posting but dont you dare say i dont help. :wall:

bullit 22nd May 2009 20:38

agree with john. atleast 3 of his posts are help :y:

Prickle 22nd May 2009 20:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by bullit (Post 3339331)
agree with john. atleast 3 of his posts are help :y:

Yeah whatever, ive seen other people spam silly, ashleyp add yourself on that list, Honestly, people on here, ohhh i hardlys spam, ohh i contribute this and that, and really some of you do nothing. OMG.

FFS.

stinkycheese 22nd May 2009 20:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_G (Post 3339316)
WTF, me not contributing, i help members in the PS section, made a guide and lick stickies!

Yeah i admit i went silly posting but dont you dare say i dont help. :wall:

WTF!!??