Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Implemented : Things for sale / interest (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=447526)

smiith 18th March 2013 10:22

Things for sale / interest

Seen it on another forum, think it would work well here.. A section where people can post things like discount codes they find, good deals on websites others might be interested in.. All that sort of thing.. Say if someone saw a turbo kit on ebay going cheap, some people on here might want that, someone posts the link..

Anyone looking for stuff like that will see it in that section, sorted..

Ya get me blood? Brap

TomT 18th March 2013 14:36

Could be a sub-section to the links section

Ross 18th March 2013 14:43

Discuss more. :) (only posted this so I could subscribe - too lazy to click the button...)

tillygti6 18th March 2013 14:53

We had similar on a forum i mod, it was ok for a while but ended up full of random shiite. It would also need fairly close monitoring to stop the scammers diverting the less internet savvy to dodgy sites/scams.
Obviously more fool the people who click said dodgy links, but they will be expecting help from the forum mods when it goes tits up.

TomT 18th March 2013 15:41

Suppose you'd get a lot of "ZOMG, BARGAIN BUY IT NOW" when it's just an eBay link to something they're struggling to sell

holdawayt 18th March 2013 16:06

It's a good thing, but also a really bloody annoying thing.

I was watching an mx5 hard top on eBay, was at £100 and wasn't moving. Nobody was bidding on it and I was thinking "fuck yeah, bargain to be had".

Then a chap on the 5 forums posted a link to it like "OMGZ look at this bargain hard top why is nobody bidding on it??" this was with about 3 hours til the auction ended.

Of course every man and his horse now starts bidding on it and it eventually sold for £300 to a forum member. I was a little hacked off.

e8_pqck 18th March 2013 16:28

We have this on AXOC and it works well. I've picked up a few bits just from people diverting me to bargains - it's a good tool.

Hardly anyone looks on gum tree but only this last week someone posted a link to a mint low mileage AX GTi that's a rare find so hopefully someone on the forum will snap it up.

smiith 20th March 2013 13:18

Just think it would be good for anything someone could be interested in.. Sometimes some things like on UKHotDeals.. Like microsoft points, only go on offer for a day or 2, if someone put that on, it would benefit a few people on here probably..

I'd even mod and sieve the shit out of it if people were like OMG TOTAL BARGAIN, and it was their pet snail they wanted 3 grand for, because of sentimental value..

I tend to not look in the links section, purely because its basically spam, and funny videos, so i don't tend to look through..

Someone see's a spec'd up S engine for sale, pop a link in, could be useful to a number of people thinking of doing the work, who could buy the whole engine as it is

Simon 20th March 2013 20:05

Could work, as long as people don't use it to promote their own stuff being sold.

stevie_m 20th March 2013 23:29

Pretty good idea

smiith 21st March 2013 09:54

Yeh, I'm a genius.

Put it into action mod bitches.

Brettles1986 21st March 2013 10:05

Sounds like a great idea to me, I know that Orangepeel is always on ukhotdeals etc so it saves me having to look :homme:

ns9900 21st March 2013 17:02

much like the tyres deal. may not always have something on but im sure things of great importance will crop up. worth doing :)

MiniE 21st March 2013 18:07

Sounds like a good idea, if you've found a good deal its even better to share it. could always have another one for non car related ones?

ns9900 21st March 2013 18:10

like sales on bacon!

knight-22 21st March 2013 18:15

Maybe use the 100 posts/30 day minimum like the for sale section? Would probably cut back on some spam/people trying to reach the allmighty 100. (No offence to anyone..)

Scott 21st March 2013 21:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simon (Post 6269127)
Could work, as long as people don't use it to promote their own stuff being sold.

This^ it's already part of the rules not to eBay link your own gear so abuse would be punished hard

It would be a sub of for sale so the usual 100 post rule would apply

I'm all for it IF people would use it to share voucher codes and deals and NOT to punt their own shite on ebay

smiith 22nd March 2013 08:13

Like i said, if you wanted to make it so i could monitor that section, if i saw anyone promoting their own ebay shit, id just delete it..

They have the for sale part for that.

Should pretty much be for promotional offers and stuff found on websites, only real time something should crop up from ebay, is if something like a turbo kit pops up, something you don't see for sale every day, coming up for sale

Scott 22nd March 2013 14:46

Forum is now active as a sub section of the for sale. Title may change when my brain kicks into gear

Brettles1986 22nd March 2013 14:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scott (Post 6270641)
Forum is now active as a sub section of the for sale. Title may change when my brain kicks into gear

Awesome! *Goes to promote own ebay items*

Only kidding