Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   General Chat... (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Dem Mobile Telecommunications (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=463536)

D4MJT 24th April 2014 08:41

Dem Mobile Telecommunications

Holla.

The gist of this, is that I need a new phone. I'm still on my trusty release day iPhone 4, but it's pretty much ready for the knacker yard. It's had a replacement aerial, 3 screens, 2 or 3 back plates, a battery, a home button etc, but now it just won't hold a signal well, the battery is woeful, it's hideously slow on modern iOS and apps, and it keeps randomly deleting messages.

So.

Apple or Android?

I've never had an Android phone, I basically know nothing about them. In all honesty I reckon it'll take some swaying from an iPhone, but I rarely change phones so it's worthwhile having a look about.

Anyone got one, what sort? I literally have no idea re hardware etc.

Similarly, with the iPhone, I don't really know what to do there. I'm sort of loathed to get the 5C as I won't be upgrading again until the phones redundant / dies a death like mine, so my logic says get the 5S as it's currently moar besterer? I'm aware that there's likely to be an iPhone 6 launch this year, but my current handset won't last that long, it'll either fail or I'll set fire to it in frustration.

Talk phonez :y:

Dave, shutup.

chompy 24th April 2014 08:44

Android.

Giraffe 24th April 2014 08:49

Hahahahaha FUCK! What a dick.

Seriously though, I have a Sony Erection Xperia Z and it's fine mostly. The odd app crashes and stuff, but it's had no faults otherwise and it's taken some abuse and is pretty hard wearing, especially given it's size as well.

I think the difference between OS is negligible depending on what you're doing with the phone. I don't think it will make a difference unless you're a massive phone bender.

You're getting worse than Muz with this phone business.

Jizanthapus 24th April 2014 08:55

I had an iPhone 4 and it was awesome. But inside, they're all the same phone with better screens/camera so I decided to upgrade to a HTC One.
Its just as good if not better. Ive had it nearly a year and I haven't smashed the screen, its hardly picked up any scratches and it works just as good as when it was new. It never freezes and has a bigger memory than the lower end iphones.
Have a look at the new M8 it looks pretty smart. I'll probably go for that when its upgrade time!

Brettles1986 24th April 2014 09:01

I has a HTC One and it's pretty good like.

I can ring people and text them ... technology hey.

D4MJT 24th April 2014 09:16

See I hear all of this, but I'm pretty well invested in the iPhone, what with various app purchases and ting.

My music's neither here nor there, as it's all rights free or whatever, so really its down to handset choice I think.

Amma take a look at this M8 thingie.

The wifes got an iPhone, so we use iMessage, but I could use whatsapp I guess?

argh

aldred309uk 24th April 2014 09:21

I have a Samsung galaxy S4, S2 before and an iPhone 3gs before them both.

I thought the iPhone was amazing because it was my first smartphone and thought my friend was a mug for getting the original Samsung galaxy S. Then I got the S2 and Android is just miles better.

I don't need iTunes to put music and videos on my phone I just plug it in to my computer and drag and drop music and videos and they just work.

I can take my battery out, I can add a memory stick to add loads more memory and I don't need a pin to take my SIM card out!

My S4 is a beast of a phone, I get frustrated when I have an iPhone in my hand, even the 5s because of how clunky it is to use because I'm used to Android. The two extra buttons help too, options and back one instead of just a home screen page.

Big debate about what phone to get but if I was in the market now it wouldn't be an iPhone for sure. Possibly a Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung galaxy S5, both of those are waterproof or maybe an HTC one.

Giraffe 24th April 2014 09:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4MJT (Post 6445603)
See I hear all of this, but I'm pretty well invested in the iPhone, what with various app purchases and ting.

My music's neither here nor there, as it's all rights free or whatever, so really its down to handset choice I think.

Amma take a look at this M8 thingie.

The wifes got an iPhone, so we use iMessage, but I could use whatsapp I guess?

argh

Or you could just not talk to the wife, text the wife, ring the wife, or talk to the wife when you see her.

A lot of apps seem to be free on Andriod, but it would appear some of them are laden with adverts. Just buy an iPhone.

D4MJT 24th April 2014 09:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by aldred309uk (Post 6445604)
I have a Samsung galaxy S4, S2 before and an iPhone 3gs before them both.

I thought the iPhone was amazing because it was my first smartphone and thought my friend was a mug for getting the original Samsung galaxy S. Then I got the S2 and Android is just miles better.

I don't need iTunes to put music and videos on my phone I just plug it in to my computer and drag and drop music and videos and they just work.

I can take my battery out, I can add a memory stick to add loads more memory and I don't need a pin to take my SIM card out!

My S4 is a beast of a phone, I get frustrated when I have an iPhone in my hand, even the 5s because of how clunky it is to use because I'm used to Android. The two extra buttons help too, options and back one instead of just a home screen page.

Big debate about what phone to get but if I was in the market now it wouldn't be an iPhone for sure. Possibly a Sony Xperia Z2, Samsung galaxy S5, both of those are waterproof or maybe an HTC one.

useful input ahoy! :y:

D4MJT 24th April 2014 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Giraffe (Post 6445605)
Or you could just not talk to the wife, text the wife, ring the wife, or talk to the wife when you see her.

A lot of apps seem to be free on Andriod, but it would appear some of them are laden with adverts. Just buy an iPhone.

Good point re the wife

aldred309uk 24th April 2014 09:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4MJT (Post 6445608)
useful input ahoy! :y:

I took to Android like a duck to water, but going back it feels crap to use, don't feel the need to stick with Apple!

Brettles1986 24th April 2014 09:57

I took to Android like Dave does to porkers.

Android is pretty good, there really isn't a hell of a lot of difference between IOS and Android these days. It appears there is more in the way of customization with Android though.

Besides why do you need a phone, If you wanted to talk to Muz you would just need him to stop sitting on your face for 5 so you can hear him?

D4MJT 24th April 2014 10:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6445613)
I took to Android like Dave does to porkers.

Android is pretty good, there really isn't a hell of a lot of difference between IOS and Android these days. It appears there is more in the way of customization with Android though.

Besides why do you need a phone, If you wanted to talk to Muz you would just need him to stop sitting on your face for 5 so you can hear him?

We're not friends in real life, I can't stand his hideous personality, and it would be awkward when he found out I was banging his mam.

Brettles1986 24th April 2014 10:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4MJT (Post 6445615)
We're not friends in real life, I can't stand his hideous personality, and it would be awkward when he found out I was banging his mam.

Mam? I always thought that to be a Welsh thing.

matt_vtr_15a 24th April 2014 10:10

I was an Apple fanboy, had the 3G, 3GS, 4 & 4S (Which got stolen)

I then bit the bullet and got the Galaxy S3, At first it didn't feel like the iPhone in terms of quality, it felt cheaper, mainly as the iPhone is a solid unit and the back of the Samsung was just a flimsy cover.

Once I got over that I've never really looked back, it's approaching 2 years old. I've dropped it numerous times, subjected it to water and generally gave it a hard life.

It still functions really well and the only Issue i've had to date is the battery charging point failing as I unknowingly dropped the end of my charger in a glass of milk and plugged it into my phone. Sent it samsung and they repaired it for around £30.

I'm in the same situation as i'm due an upgrade i can return to iPhone or stick with android. Think i'm going to go with the Samsung Galaxy S5.

Gandi699 24th April 2014 10:10

Iphone all day if you ask me. Dont even bother with a 5C though get a 5S if you have to, there isnt much difference in price hence why you dont see many people with a 5C

deano_123 24th April 2014 10:14

I'm electronically retarded and know nothing of these androids. I rock a 5S for work, its the titties for email which is what i spend most my day doing.

The battery kicks the arse out of the 4S I use when in england.

D4MJT 24th April 2014 10:16

Nokia 3310i it is!

Giraffe 24th April 2014 10:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brettles1986 (Post 6445616)
Mam? I always thought that to be a Welsh thing.

The welsh say mam? Fuck it, I'm not saying it any more! Northern thing as well though. Might see if we can become a Celtic minority.

matt_vtr_15a 24th April 2014 10:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by D4MJT (Post 6445621)
Nokia 3310i it is!

I used to get my dads upgrades when I was a young un, rocked one of these when i was about 11, it had a tennis game on that was legendary.

Then had this, absolutely loved it. Still got 2 of them in a draw at my mum n dads house actually and both still work to this day.

I was the envy of everyone at school, was wayyy ahead of it's time, back when Nokia where the best.