Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum

Saxperience - Citroen Saxo Forum (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/index.php)
-   Suggestions / Improvements / Feedback (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   An actual 'guides' section in each catagory (http://www.saxperience.com/forum/showthread.php?t=390072)

stured 1st August 2011 18:46

An actual 'guides' section in each catagory

Basics of my suggestion are as follows:
A sub forum within each forum titled guides. No one can post in these as its purely for guides on how to do things. For example in the ICE section there would be a guide to wiring a sub up. Engine/performance section guides to putting on a new exhaust or dropping a VTS lump in

Guides that have been made can be moved over, guides that are made in future can perhaps be moved first into a 'query section' (Or created there) So people can pick it apart and improve it (by adding pictures of when they did it, correcting or clarifying certain sections etc) before the mods move it on over to the guides section. If somone sees room for improvement on a particular guide afterwards, they can speak to certain mods about it or the OP.

Could even make a whole new band of mods to deal with such things :).

Reason being is, its annoying when people (like me :)) post up a question thats been answered before both to those who have to say 'use the search button' and those who then have to say 'the search buttons bringing up 100 results of people asking how to open the bonnet'. PLUS all these guides people link me to are about 14 pages down the list, and its no good stickying them all as then you have a huge list of stickies!

This is one of the things ive always thought this forum lacks in terms of organisation, so thought id suggest :)

wolf_gsxr 1st August 2011 18:57

+fukin 1000000000 noobs are physically incapable of using the search button and it's organised instead of looking through 50 pages to find a guide that turns out to be shot anyway. Think 106 moaners has this too.

Tontsy 1st August 2011 19:00

maybe apon signing up, you have to watch a video of how to use the search function.

badasssaxo 1st August 2011 19:03

Prepare to be torn a new one mate

stured 1st August 2011 19:07

Sorry....whats wrong with an actual guides section....you wouldnt have a haynes manual with about a load of pages of shite then the odd guide chucked in randomly. What about for the things whereby the search isnt accurate enough? IE you dont 100 percent know what you are searching for....this is sort of why you are here to ask questions as, if you knew then you wouldnt be asking. Otherwise you end up making two or three searches to find out how to do one thing

If you had one fully complete guide on for pure example, everything to do with exhausts, down to suggested makes as well as the various parts for each model and year then the forum would be so much more useful

I dont understand why alot of you seem to be against making the forum 10 times more useful to people. isnt that what its here for?

stured 1st August 2011 19:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by badasssaxo (Post 5475225)
Prepare to be torn a new one mate

I saw it coming to be honest. I mean, i get that the search button is useful and yes ive answered alot of questions by using it but...why not make things easier....you know, job done right's done once...

Ross 1st August 2011 19:55

Wait - you mean like a guides area? That's a great idea.

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/articles.php?c=117

stured 1st August 2011 19:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by RossDagley (Post 5475339)

Ha thats a decent reply! Well, i did not know about that but thankyou :)

K17NEY 1st August 2011 20:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by stured (Post 5475349)
Ha thats a decent reply! Well, i did not know about that but thankyou :)

Should of used the search button ;)

stured 1st August 2011 20:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitney (Post 5475386)
Should of used the search button ;)

Fraid it didnt come up ;)

Ross 1st August 2011 20:19

haha. :D

You'll need premium membership of course ;) If you pay a little every year, you'll get so much more back from the club. :) Well worth an investment of under £1 a month!

tony5haw1988 1st August 2011 21:14

i love this thread i just pmsl lol

rorz_vts 1st August 2011 22:25

tbh i think the guys got a good idea and i personally think it would be better if they were in the right sections with a sticky saying 'guides' even if they were locked to everyone bar premiums. I know theres the premium 'how to' section but it isn't the best and most of the good guides are still in sax-p's huge archive avaliable to everyone that can be arsed to trawl through pages of search results

mcjacko1987 2nd August 2011 11:00

how about putting big gold flashing arrows on either side of the search button saying click here before posting

Prickle 2nd August 2011 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjacko1987 (Post 5476333)
how about putting big gold flashing arrows on either side of the search button saying click here before posting

yup, and use it yourself to search for that thread in the PS section. ;)

pwnt

Ross 2nd August 2011 15:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_G (Post 5476700)

pwnt

thats gotta sting ;)

Prickle 2nd August 2011 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by RossDagley (Post 5476787)
thats gotta sting ;)

well you know. :homme:

il have a search for him.

mcjacko1987 2nd August 2011 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by John_G (Post 5476700)

pwnt

TWAT :p

Prickle 2nd August 2011 19:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcjacko1987 (Post 5477254)
TWAT :p

people usually call me a cunt, but its a start. :hug:

Ashleyp 3rd August 2011 09:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by RossDagley (Post 5475339)

Not a dig at you. but there are loads of guides within the forum that arent there.

Either move all current guides to that section

or, alternatively (what IMO would be better and easier for n00bs to find) create a section (as the OP said) at the top of the tech section just called guides and then within that have all the guides hyperlinked under subsections (engine / sus / interior etc)

nothing major wrong with the current articles section, other than nobody that doesnt look very hard can't find it and theres not that many guides in there other than engine related ones.