View Single Post
Old 20th December 2016, 19:02   #10
wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

I thought I'd update this a little. I ended up taking this extremely serious. I sold the Yamaha R1 that I had an upgraded my alloy bike to a full carbon bike and generally tied to be the best that I could be on a push bike.

I decided to ride all year this year for charity and it's been a bit of a up & down year, plagued with illness and generally feeling shit at times.

My challenges were

12,000 miles in one year
Everesting
24hr ride (as many miles)
Lejog

The year started well and at one point I was looking like I'd manage 15,000 miles but it then went tits up, I've ended up on 10,001 miles for the year.

I failed on my EVERESTING attempt, I managed 122.9 miles with 22,790ft of climbing. I was on that hill for over 15hrs that day.

The 24hr ride never went to plan and I only managed 203.9 miles. I was hoping for 300 miles.

And Lejog never happened.

I was down to 11st 3lbs and as fit as fuck for a while, but I started putting a bit of weight on during the time of year when I struggled and after falling ill for the 2nd time in 3wks with sickness & diarrhoea I've shot up to 12st 8lbs.

So I'm currently setting myself up for the next stage of my cycling career

The plan now is to get ridiculously fit and concentrate on just speed,fitness and all that jazz. I'll do some TT's,crits and anything else that keeps me trying like fuck. I've also got a UMCA cross country record to beat which is currently set @ 16 1/2hrs from the west of Skye to Peterhead.....roughly 255 miles or so.

I've just bought a direct drive smart turbo trainer so the winter program will be sorted. And the bike I'm using now is a silly light Cannondale super6 hi mod shod with eTap......

Time to get back down to 11st 3.....maybe sub 11st.
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote