View Single Post
Old 1st April 2019, 12:15   #2
dturbo
Infrequent Poster

dturbo is on a distinguished road

Mine seems to have this issue too. Like you I have replaced pretty much everything, however one thing I have not replaced (and I am thinking this could be it) is the nearside driveshaft. The car before I got it had definitely been getting alot of abuse and probably used for launches etc. I get the same clunk if I am not smooth with the clutch. I plan to do the driveshaft soon and see if it cures it.

That said, the brand new top mounts I fitted are actually sticking a bit, mainly the drivers side one. I can see it judder round if I look under the wing while the wheel is turned. Typical. Old ones were probably better... I don't feel it particularly and I know that feeling, since my 306 and previous 306 has / had it due to a sticking top mount. If you had a sticking top mount causing the spring to jump round rather than rotate smoothly, you would probably be able to tell as there is a sort of 'boing' sound/feeling along with the clunk. Also - at least in my case, both on the saxo and on the 306 - it generates a slight pull as the spring has rotational tension in it trying to rotate the strut. I don't think the spring would move in any other direction, the spring pans locate the spring well.

Out of curiosity, what springs did you fit to get it back to the 35mm drop ?

Last edited by dturbo; 1st April 2019 at 12:32.
dturbo is offline   Reply With Quote