View Single Post
Old 6th November 2022, 20:00   #1
mikeouk

mikeouk is on a distinguished road
Default thought id better join

hello everyone , I realise this forum must have been buzzing in the day, but hopefully there's still a few members still active.

Im an "accidental" vtr owner.
Bought my son an unmolested 1998 series 1 vtr back in 2018, he used it a few months and then decided he was going to trade it in for a new fiesta, the dealer offered him £300, so rather than let it go, i bought it off him for the same amount , wasnt sure what i was going to do with it, so it sat on the drive for 18months, I eventually decided to get it to a local garage, they mot'd it and it failed on quite a bit, including rust. I thought the car was too nice to scrap, so told them to get the welding done and the other jobs to get a ticket on it, the car sat in their compound for over 2 years. I finally accepted it was never going to be fixed if I left it there, so picked it up with a trailer and took it took a guy with the desire to weld it. Its now nearly ready for mot, its had a new set of tyres, wheels refurbed, new brakes, cam belt, service ,and im looking forward to getting it insured and using it as a little run-around.
The other day While browsing the net I noticed a completely standard, 1 owner 2001 vtr with 32000miles going through a classic auction, I have a friend who lives near the auction, he went and looked round it, and reported it was immaculate, no rust underneath, so on impulse ive bought it.

So there my story, I now own 2 saxo vtr, im undecided what to do with the series 1 now, im inclined to keep it and run it as i intended and garage the 2001 and preserve it. Think its too good to use as a daily driver.
mikeouk is offline   Reply With Quote