Old 22nd November 2010, 08:30   #12
haz_pro
Saxperience Post Whore
South East Region Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
haz_pro is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper View Post
iPads are ok but the lack of multitasking is a shame. E.g msn keeps logging out whenever I go to Safari etc.

Mac rumours site claims updates are likely on the MBPs

http://buyersguide.macrumors.com/#MacBook_Pro
I am sure i used to have an app on my iphone which kept you logged in msn even when you went on another program, i cant remember what it was called though, if i remember ill pm you!

I was waiting for a new MBP 13, but from what i have read there will not be one until next june-august(the normal cycle). I was disapointed when they didnt update the processor to an i3+ but i understand their reasoning (if its true), but i wont pay that much money for what is quite old technology.

OT: I have 2 laptops, one which doesnt move as i stupidly bought a 17inch and its horrible to move around. I use that with a normal keyboard and mouse as i prefer it to the normal keyboard.

I also have a smaller laptop for moving around which is quite useful, i can use they keyboard on that fine, although sometimes switching between the keyboards it will take me a few minutes to get used to the spacing etc again.

In regards to a hot keyboard only my 17 inch laptop does this and the model of it has huge over heating problems, i dont think on a "decent" laptop you would have these problems. Aslong as you are not using it on a bed etc where the laptop will heat up quicker, and more then usual.

Whether or not you should get a laptop for everything you do will depends on what you will use it for. I have seen some desktop replacement "laptops" and they are HUGE, I would not want to move it anywhere except inside the house, unless this is what you plan to do any way?

Sorry for the wall of text.
haz_pro is offline   Reply With Quote