View Single Post
Old 19th November 2013, 22:57   #225
Jack-Cooley
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 106 GTI's/Half a turbo project
iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
Jack-Cooley is on a distinguished road

Okay its been a while. first off i went to london at the weekend and saw this

Sunday i ordered this and it arrived this afternoon, just need to purchase a bolt for the ECU side one as i snapped one a few years back on an old car so a trip to the high tensile bolt place tomorrow hopefully then the engine is ready and i have everything i need to fit the engine, aside from the fact that i need to put in my heater matrix and rear rad hoses first to make the job easier.

Heater matrix is on order tonight hopefully it will arrive probably friday

So now decesions, do i 1. Keep the J4 covers, which currently are kinda shiny but will get my mate to machine polish them to a mirror like finish and run the breathers out the end of both sides and braided catch tank hoses to a oil catch tank which will probably be a mocal one since im not happy with the 'rep i have.

Or 2. Use JP4 covers, reason why i think i may be not using these is because i will have to have them painted gloss black to match my cambelt cover and inlet manifold and two, they dont look as OEM.

Example of covers:

Edit: Also, are the images in this post working or not?it seems to be saying "image not found" on this forum but not over on 106oc.

Last edited by Jack-Cooley; 19th November 2013 at 23:03.
Jack-Cooley is offline   Reply With Quote