View Single Post
Old 21st April 2016, 16:20   #15
Saxobuild

Saxobuild is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone! I am new to the forum, and I don't know if I write to a good place or not. I want to ask for your help. I have a saxo 1.6 VTS (2001) and it had ignition problems. The engine was runing but was very irregular. The engine wanted to stop all the time and black smoke and gas smell came out of the exhaust. I knew it is some problem with the ignition. Under the hood I saw a wire coming out of the ignition transformer and that was melted by the heat of the engine. I put on some insulating tape on the small wires, and the problem was solved. But I dont want to leave it that way. It would be good to get a new wire, but I dont know how to ask for it at the local car part shop, because I dont know the name of that wire. I dont know if I can buy that single piece of wire or I have to buy the complete wiring loom. And I also want to know the cause of the melting. Why? It is not normal that the engine melts the wires around it. How can I prevent it? I attached a picture of the engine and the wire in red circle.
Saxobuild is offline   Reply With Quote