Thread: Cam change
View Single Post
Old 1st August 2013, 12:45   #18
Atbracing

Atbracing is on a distinguished road

All I had done was pt52 cams put in and a set of forged pistons also a fuel regulator.

1st attempt installed cams andsmashed c2 head as apparently they did not know the pistons needed to be changed from standard to shortened. Probably because they didn't test the clearance manually they just installed them then started the car. They did replace my head with a 106 head they had sitting on the shelf. Again did the same thing,, so they told me they had found out about the piston thing and decided to change the pistons and the car never ran right again. I was quoted 2 k minimum to sort, which is my new race car next year so decided enough was enough. Other things found wrong at this point.

Bottom alternator bolt sticking out and hitting idle pulley, now damaged
Timing belt rubbing on inside of cover severely damaged, belt changed by them.

Knock sensor not connected I believe this earths the ECU.??????

Lambda sensor not connected does this not control the idle.....

I only drive and can only go by others but they had the for 3 weeks and could not resolve and the cowboy drilling of holes sums them up. I am also still waiting for the email of the owner confirming they are going to pay up for the damage they caused to my trailer which he said was forth coming.

So obviously you were one of the lucky ones with your engine, can I ask what mods you got them to do on it please
Atbracing is offline   Reply With Quote