View Single Post
Old 7th September 2011, 19:44   #1
-Dan-
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth West Region Member

Car(s): Millenium Falcon
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice-Dan- is just really nice
Default Bare Engine Differences - 1-Plug and 3-Plug

One for any of you hands-on techy boys.

I've got a MK2 16v Block with a small crack in it, while the Head has covered 120k miles, so I'm looking to replace both items for lower mileage options. Now I can pay £350+ for MK2 stuff, most of which I don't need to replace (as I've already got it) or I can pay about £200 for a bare MK1 Lump from a Scrappy.

When the Engine is stripped bare; EG everything is off, no loom, no sensors, neither manifolds, no Gearbox; are the engines identical between the MK1 and the MK2? If they are, then I presume I can just bolt on all my MK2 sensors and ancillaries and use the lump with my MK2 loom.

So basically in short I'm asking; Can I remove the bare head and block from my MK2, and fit a bare head and block from a MK1, using my MK2 inlet, loom, sensors, both manifolds and so on? I'm sure it's been asked before, but with the Search button being 'a bit rubbish' I couldn't find anything relevant.

Muchly thanks.

Last edited by -Dan-; 7th September 2011 at 19:57.
-Dan- is offline   Reply With Quote