Old 8th May 2019, 21:25   #4
MartinObviously
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region Member

Car(s): Peugeot 106 1.1 Turbo Peugeot 106 1.5D Turbo Peuge
MartinObviously is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa View Post
It has been done,but I forgot to turn on heating,it was done later.What I don't like is there is no engine gauge to show temp,only warning light.
What is the difference between engine temp sensor and coolant temp sensor,since they both use coolant as medium for temp reading?

After driving for about 30km engine stops.After I opened bonnet main fuel line was disconnected from fuel rail and fuel was poring drooping close to engine luckily nothing happened, I noticed the overheating and fan was not running, after I added more water later hi did turned on but for very short time, hoses where still very very hot .It could be thermostat or temp sensor I'm not sure.
If the warning light isn't on, it's not overheating.

There are 2 sensors, one coolant sensor is for the warning light inside the car, the other is for the ECU temp reading.

The fan is controlled by a separate switch on the radiator.

If the radiator is cold, it could be a stuck thermostat. that's like a 5 euro fix. but you absolutely MUST bleed the coolant the correct way after changing it.

The heater in the car has NO effect on the cooling system, as it is "always open" with no valve for the water flow.