View Single Post
Old 18th July 2011, 22:08   #61
Barry123
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorCentral South Region MemberNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Saxo VTS
iTrader Score: 7 (100%)
Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!Barry123 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenz View Post
You can get Macs and Windows based computers that use exactly the same CPU's from Intel, thats why you can install Windows on the Intel based Macs because they use the same hardware.

Also forgot to consider than on Windows you can overclock the CPU to increase the clock speed which you can't do on a Mac so actually if you run two identical systems, one Mac OSX and the other Windows the Windows machine will have more processing power and would also be cheaper.
I think you can oc the mac (since as you say it's the same hardware) I've not done it but one of the nerds in the office has apparently. But because of all that white packaging there's bog all space for decent cooling so higher OC's can be attained in the pc rather than the mac. I've Oc'd mine to 4.6 GHz now... going to push for 4.8GHz once I've established the cooler can take it
Barry123 is offline   Reply With Quote