Thread: 'R PH3 Cams
View Single Post
Old 5th May 2010, 17:53   #8
Liam_
Saxperience Post Whore
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth East Region Member

Car(s): Integra DC5R & VTS
iTrader Score: 18 (100%)
Liam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to beholdLiam_ is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harv View Post
Was there much difference between standard and with the cam fitted? Thinking about doing this also in the near future but want to know if its worth it or not. My 'R seems to go pretty well compared to others already but want it a little faster. I'm pretty clued up on most other stuff but would you say it was worth it from experience?
A 98bhp VTR (same as mine) with similar breathing mods did a run a few minutes after me - 110bhp at the fly... meaning mine gained 8bhp from the cam. It could have been placebo, but it did have a little bit more mid range grunt and it didn't feel 'out of breath' higher in the revs like standard VTRs do.

For the effort and money it cost, I'd say it wasn't worth it at all. To make the most of the shifted power, you ideally want something like a VTS/ S2 Rallye/ 1.4 XSi gearbox too.

In short: 16V conversion is what you want.
Liam_ is offline   Reply With Quote