wullvfr
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): Audi a3 1.8sport,kawasaki zx9r c2,Yamaha R1 track
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
wullvfr is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KamRacing View Post
you need decent padded shorts and decent gloves to put in the miles. Its a great way to explore the countryside you simply miss when driving.
That's the first week done,and I'm loving it I thought I'd never say that but I'm responding well to the different type of fitness,I'm down from 13st 7lbs to 12st 13lbs in roughly 3 weeks.

I used my running Lycra for the first 5 ride outs and my arse was aching,I went for a longer run with my bro on Saturday there and he had a pair of proper cycling trousers for me and what a difference,I was fine until the last 5 miles but by that point I had ridden for two and a half times longer than before so I wasn't complaining.....it was proper aching at that time though.

I've went and bought a set of shoes,cleats and pedals though to help with transferring the power down and getting the right position each time,I've also got a heart rate monitor on order to keep track of that but other than that I'm all good.

I was considering changing the rear cassette but tbh there was some proper steep climbs and I did alright,at times I was having to stand up and cycle where as he was sitting down the whole time but that's the way it is when you've got an expensive bike,mines alright but being second hand and a bit older its clearly not as good.

Anyway hopefully I can keep at it,I'm away for a week with the family so I'll be in the gym cycling but as soon as I'm back I'll be back out.......there's a few inches of snow here today anyway so I wouldn't be out.
wullvfr is offline   Reply With Quote