Old 27th November 2011, 11:33   #250
Alanaponep
North West
Track / Motorsport PrepNorth Wales Region MemberNorth West Region Member

Car(s): PH2 Peugeot 106 "race" car - Currently in pieces
iTrader Score: 11 (100%)
Alanapone is on a distinguished road

Got a bit done yesterday.

Decided to keep the rear beam on just to save the hassle of removing the ABS and having 2 cars jacked up at the same time! I also decided that I'm going to run the TD's for Anglesey due to them having better tyres on. Also it means I can fit the 283's on rather than having to remove yet another item from the VTR! SO;

I replaced the discs and pads on the rear and fitted the Billies. Dropped the back end down and then got the callipers fitted back on to the front so I could get the car out of the garage while we did some work on my mates Golf.

Today, I'm hoping to get the lower strut brace and the TD's off the rear of the VTR. Then if time allows, I'll get the 283's fitted along with the lower strut brace on the front, put some gear oil in then I need to go around everything and check it's all tight. Once that's done, the drivers side strut needs pulling back off and the lower part swapping for one that has a decent bearing in.

By that time, I'm almost done... Just need to sort a seat mount still due to the one I got being for the passenger side

Ah well....

Other thing is... The insurance and tax are deffo NOT going to happen this side of Christmas! SO, I've been in touch with a self drive transporter hire company and I'll do that to get to Anglesey! at least if it blows up, i won't have to wait for the AA!

Pictures will be added later on I think
Alanapone is offline   Reply With Quote