View Single Post
Old 12th August 2009, 21:28   #47
tones_saxo

tones_saxo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Dan- View Post
True story. Pretty much what he said.

2.0 GTI lump would take a fair bit more work though and would almost definately need extra chassis strengthening, and without doubt stronger and different mounts.

It's pretty much your decision. It's not going to be easy or cheap to do any conversion, but If your basic chassis is good, low mileage, and the appearance of the car is mint, then by all means go for a VTS conversion, it will be the simplest way that you can make that particular car fast(er).

If it's not mint and is high mileage etc, consider buying a faster car outright, otherwise you could come across a lot of problems down the line with say a high mileage 1.1/Furio chassis, but low mileage VTS engine, with engine mounts rusting and not offering the necessary support (If it's the originals), rear beam will probably go around 70/80k, gearbox age should ideally match the engine, so you could end up spending thousands on doing up something that isn't worth it. But yeah generally with a Saxo-Saxo conversion, there isn't a huge deal to go wrong.

Thas my 2p worth anyway
sorry was new to all of this, my budget is a worry i can always do it monthly bit by bit, on the vts are the mounts the same i thought they were different?? a friend of mine has a vts that he is selling for spares and repairs and has the engine(67k) and at £400 what price range s good and milage? Also what needs to be changed electrically??
tones_saxo is offline   Reply With Quote