View Single Post
Old 2nd January 2009, 12:41   #5
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_VTR View Post
Long but good read there mate. I've read/heard about these private parking companies before - and how one person got out of the "contract" because he proved the sign was to high up to notice easily.

I've done a lot of Contract Law with my job & it can be an absolute nightmare!

How are you proceeding with the fine/debt you've got from the company?
The fine wasn't addressed to me, it was addressed to the Registered Keeper. Therefore that person has written back explaining they were not in charge of the vehicle at the time og the alleged contravention, and can prove theor whereabouts to be somewhere other than the car park in question.

As of yet we have not had a response.

The law states the "contract" can only exist between the land owner (or a 3rd Party acting on their behalf) and the driver at the time, and not the registered keeper.

Secondly, the car park in question doesn't belong to the site, it belongs to a financing company that sub-lets the land, therefore no contract exists in the first place. They literally have no grounds to base their case
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote