View Single Post
Old 15th July 2019, 12:22   #204
Stissy
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): Nikes
Stissy is on a distinguished road

Progressed a bit more on the Rallye this weekend. All the welding needed for the MOT, and to ensure the car is structurally sound, has been finished, but we’re still planning on welding the holes in the floor, usually covered with rubber bungs, just so there are no holes or areas for new rust to form. We removed the rear wiper motor. We removed the front and rear bumpers, ground back the towing eyes, and painted them matte black. We fitted some 2800k Lunex Plasma Gold headlight bulbs, the yellowest road legal bulbs available, for a proper 90s look. We ground out the rough patches where the previous seat frame bars had been cut out, finally we painted any area of exposed metal or weld.

Since the last update, the brake caliper has been repaired. But still to sort are the passenger side driveshafts gaiter, the missing aux belt, the loose ECU and fuse box, the car needs a washer bottle, fuel filter, battery terminals, wheel bolts, side indicator covers, front wipers, an air filter and oil breather, and an interior. In moving the car, we also noticed that there’s no reverse gear. The gear linkages under the car are knackered, and need replacing. But up to now they got us by. Long term I’d like to get a Satchshift system, which will replace the linkages anyway. Now however, reverse has gone completely so I will need some new linkages in the meantime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_130 View Post
Great to hear it's still alive. Pics would be good ..
Apologies I’ve not got round to uploading any pictures yet. I’ve been too busy fixing the Rallye…
Stissy is offline   Reply With Quote