Thread: Fuel gauge fix
View Single Post
Old 18th June 2010, 20:40   #2
BobCm
Forum Section Moderator
Content Contributor

Car(s): My son drives a Poseidon Blue Saxo Mk2 1.6i VTR.
BobC is on a distinguished road
Default Fuel Gauge Fix

The diagrams below show the modification that Matt (citroen_saxo_vtr) has made to get his fuel gauge working again; modifications in BLUE
.....>

Symptoms: Ignition on 2 clicks, fuel gauge needle bounces to FULL 3 times then returns to EMPTY and stays there.

I have dug out a diagram that I think is ok to use as it applies from RPO 8764+. [I think this is for Mk2 ?]

It shows two wires going from the dash to the petrol pump gauge sender unit 5-way BROWN connector. One wire is PINK and the other is GREEN/YELLOW.

The results:
If you hold an EARTH on the PINK wire then the gauge reads FULL
If you hold an EARTH on the GREEN/YELLOW wire then the gauge reads ACTUAL fuel level; so Matt connected it there permanently. **Interestingly this is how older models were wired up.
Matt had chased the missing earth all the way back to the dash connector and he found that the dash WAS NOT supplying the needed earth.

RPO - Find your RPO number here: http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=245229

*** If this works for you then please add YOUR post below ***

Last edited by BobC; 18th June 2010 at 20:47.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to BobC For This Useful Post: