View Single Post
Old 7th April 2023, 22:15   #21
VeiRoN
Established Member
South East Region Member

Car(s): Saxò VTS 16v
iTrader Score: 8 (100%)
VeiRoN is on a distinguished road

I've fixed up the chassis where i had to cut it to fit the BE gearbox,I also fitted the proper steel spacers to the rear rose jointed mount:

Added a support as the chassis leg was flexing too much:

Got a new smaller steering wheel:

Added some brake ducts as last track day i could feel the brakes getting hot and increasing the pedal travel:

Had to change the Powerflex purple as the driver side one acquired play and i could move the wheel side to side quite a bit I thought they would last a bit more than that? seems strange,this time I went with the Black version:

Always wanted to try a decent size splitter that goes as far back as possible after the first "failed" attempt,this time i went with aluminium 2.5mm thickness,made in 4 separate pieces as i could only get 50cm by 1 meter,and bonded and riveted together (counted and there are 105 rivets lol),weight 9.5kg,eventually i will continue with adding a flat floor and diffuser at the back,so got a cardboard template first:

So to lift it up i can just use the sill mounts and then put axle stands in the original locations if i need to:

Also fitted a smaller pulley from Spoox to gear down the alternator:

I don't like bonnet vents too much but i thought i had to put some after fitting the splittter to get some air moving since it's all covered at the bottom now:

Last edited by VeiRoN; 14th May 2023 at 13:20.
VeiRoN is offline   Reply With Quote