View Single Post
Old 26th February 2011, 22:44   #6
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

No real source but from whats been appearing on Engadget and the many rumors floating around it seems unlikely that Apple will bring a 3rd iPad out when they like their 1 Year turn around so much.

The original iPad was announced on January 27th 2010 and took 2 months for the WiFi version to be released in the US. It took 3 months to reach the EU. If Apple stuck to this we may not see the next iPad until early June in the UK but then this may just be a late announcement due to Steve Jobs illness and Apple may follow the same dates as last year meaning we would see the iPad in late May.

Engadget have also rumored that the next iPad will not have a higher resolution display due to a last minute decision to use the current display. But apparently the intentions were for a higher res screen with the current processor (A5).

Although I would like to see a quad-core processor in an iPad I really doubt that Apple would be considering using AMD CPU's when they have just designed their new A5 chip which is rumored to be in the new iPad and iPhone especially when Apple have been working so closely with Intel recently.

I think the cameras are an almost certainty, however the spec of these cameras has been rumored to be quite low which could leave room for improvement in the future.

Overall the amount of rumors about the iPad is crazy and a few days after one rumor starts, something else is found that turns the last rumor on is head. I still want one and if they do bring another one out shortly after I may have to upgrade to that one lol.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote