View Single Post
Old 26th December 2012, 14:30   #42
e8_pqck
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX 16v Turbo
iTrader Score: 4 (100%)
e8_pqck is on a distinguished road

743 cam from catcams is the latest grind and can be bought seperately for £125+VAT+p&p (162.50). then just use the exhaust cam.

You want less overlap and more lift for a turbo cam, they are an improvement over standard. I'm sure i got blowby on the pugsport cams which have more overlap and only slightly more lift so not ideal.

As someone else says, no reason why you can open up the exhaust ports and match them to the gasket. The standard TU exhaust ports are really small so any imporvement here will be worth doing IMO.

From the graphs i have seen, the GT28 will be a tad laggy. From another thread i remember Boni (another member) who had just come from a meeting with garrett about suplying turbo's for an engine he was developing at work. For 300bhp they recommended no more than a GT25 and that was from Garretts own engineers.

As Ross says, save your money on better things than expensive rad/intercooler setups. im using a corsa diesel rad with an ebay special 450x225x67mm intercooler with 2.5" pipework all the way through. The intercooler cost me apx £70 and the rad was £30 delivered.
e8_pqck is offline   Reply With Quote