View Single Post
Old 13th October 2008, 22:33   #75
DavidKent
Saxperience Forum Bum

Car(s): A van...
iTrader Score: 33 (100%)
DavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant futureDavidKent has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by scammell-29 View Post
To be fair my mums 48 and would love to drive round in my car with my music etc... I even just gave her all my old cd's when i got my ipod head unit lol, the only thing she doesnt like is the fact its lowered so you feel every bump.

I dont think insurance companies should be able to make a sweeping generalisation like that, its ageism. Theres a couple live round near me that are retired, must be in 70's and drive a really lush fiesta zetec that looks more than standard, and i see plenty of vtr's driven by people who look quite easily older than 55.

Though i think the insurance prices have to stay high, there are just way too many young drivers passing their test and thinking they know it all, and crashing within weeks/months.

Kiddy round my way passed his test, had a tuned car, went out that night, overtook on a blind bend and died. I dont know about other areas but 17-21 year olds are dying every week round my area because they are driving cars they cant handle, if the insurance prices were lower thered be twice as many of these kind of people on the road.

Its a subject close to my heart, my mate lost his wife in a car crash, she was hit head on by a kiddie driving a 2.0 tuned calibra without insurance cuz he couldnt afford it, he was 18.

At least by having high prices it makes people think twice about the way they drive, im thinking i gotta drive my vtr well and safely because if i crash it, i wont have a car, and ill be in a lot of debt
Amen lol
Old lady around here Drives a Puma with all the fancy kit on it, Looks awesome..

Saw an old guy the other day get in a brand new Clio Sport Turbo...

Amazing tbh..

I feel insurance prices are very extreme for certain vehicles.
I can insure my 1.8Turbo A3, for not much more than i could insure my Brothers Battered T Red 1.2 16v Corsa, Its a joke.
I can't say much, because I have history in the form of 2 Claims and 3 points at 19, but tbh, I can see why people go on their parents policy.

They should reward young drivers for having a smaller engined car or something, something simple like 6 months free road tax on their first car or something with their insurance. At 17 when you're first starting up anything helps!

That way, Each driver can make their own path from there, be it a clean one, or a messy one...