View Single Post
Old 13th October 2008, 22:48   #76
scammell-29
Regular Poster

Car(s): 2000 Punto Sport, 2002 Saxo VTR
scammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of lightscammell-29 is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidKent View Post
Amen lol
Old lady around here Drives a Puma with all the fancy kit on it, Looks awesome..

Saw an old guy the other day get in a brand new Clio Sport Turbo...

Amazing tbh..

I feel insurance prices are very extreme for certain vehicles.
I can insure my 1.8Turbo A3, for not much more than i could insure my Brothers Battered T Red 1.2 16v Corsa, Its a joke.
I can't say much, because I have history in the form of 2 Claims and 3 points at 19, but tbh, I can see why people go on their parents policy.

They should reward young drivers for having a smaller engined car or something, something simple like 6 months free road tax on their first car or something with their insurance. At 17 when you're first starting up anything helps!

That way, Each driver can make their own path from there, be it a clean one, or a messy one...
True, I was in Little Chef the other night reading fast car mag while eating my meal, after the old lady that served me, who must have been about 60 was telling me how she used to race when she was younger etc and what cars she had now and stuff, they cant just presume old people dont drive tuned cars.

Id like to hope when im retired i can cruise round in a pretty awesome car (and not be paying much insurance) Though im sure the cars will be a LOT different in 40 years time!

And the idea of free tax or something does seem like a good idea or how about you get 3 months free on your policy renewal if you dont have a claim in your first year, or similar incentives to encourage people to look after their cars.
scammell-29 is offline   Reply With Quote