View Single Post
Old 11th February 2008, 13:54   #22
Wilkys-sexy-saxo
Infrequent Poster

Car(s): 1997 1.1i saxo, blue, spoiler, meshed grill, smoke
Wilkys-sexy-saxo will become famous soon enough

iam with quinn,and my insurace is 220 a month!!! i only have alloys, backbox, iice and some other little bits... wtf?!?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_CGM View Post
YES

Recently alot of the new members have been asking, "Should i declare my mods". The answer is a simple yes, Insurance companies are out to make a profit, if you mod your car and crash, they will not pay out.

One suggestion from me, if you're doing modifications that do not improve performance in any way then i would try www.quinn-direct.com These are quite good for mods.

Should you declare ICE?
Well ice is covered with your insurance upto a certain amount most of the time, Check your paperwork that your insurance company should send you in the post. Or you could phone them up and ask if your ICE is covered already. If you have expensive In-Car-Entertainment then i would definately phone them up and let them know.

What mods can you get away with?
Well insurance companies like quinn-direct, dont mind modifications that do not improve your cars performance. So mods like, Bucket seats, tinted windows, suspension alterations, brake alterations, debadging, de-locking, etc, shouldnt really change the price of your quote. If so only a little.

Performance mods
As soon as you start making your car 'Faster', the insurance company will think of you as a boy-racer, dangerous driver etc. And this will affect your quote. If you still want to go ahead making your car faster, then i would suggest some simple breathing mods like induction kits etc. Basically the more you do, the more you pay.

Insurace Companies, Good for modding
> www.quinn-direct.com

> Adrian flux:

>Brentacre Insurance Services Ltd

>Bell

> Pm me suggestions please so i can get a list going.
Hope this helps, and if anyone can improve it, please post so i can update it.
Wilkys-sexy-saxo is offline   Reply With Quote