View Single Post
Old 23rd May 2008, 10:42   #50
snottybadger
Frequent Poster

Car(s): 2000 VTS
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
snottybadger has a spectacular aura aboutsnottybadger has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by vidal View Post
Are you serious? How much quicker are we talking, on a journey of say an hour, with a mix of urban and motorway driving the time saved is probably less than the time you need to park the car. If you are on such atight deadline, I would suggest leaving a few minutes earlier.

When I was younger, I could never understand why my dad could drive somewhere quicker than me with my very heavy right foot. It turns out that there's no big secret, drive smoothly, anticipate and look ahead. I may have been up to 70 / 80 quicker than him by about 5 seconds, but I was continuously having to slow down for traffic lights and other road users. My dad meanwhile just carried on, reading the road - anticipating obstructions, got there much quicker in the end, less stressed and he also used an awful lot less fuel.

V.

Yup, a heavy right foot doesn't get you there much quicker. My old Honda Prelude cruise control that would only work upto just shy of 70mph (with it being an import). Now if I went down the M6 for about a 100 mile and sat 80-90 it would take about 1hr20mins set the cruise control to its max of 65-70 and it'd take about 10 mins longer and use a lot less juice!

Plus all the points I've had came from m-way driving so stops be accidently wandering over.

On the insurance being to expensive, yeah it is but if you want the sporty model you gotta pay for it. Personally I've never paid more then £600 for insurance, and always had my own policy. You really should start building up your ncb as soon as possible..
snottybadger is offline   Reply With Quote