View Single Post
Old 14th March 2013, 13:27   #17
baker556
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region Member

Car(s): oem+ sax
iTrader Score: 6 (100%)
baker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to beholdbaker556 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettles1986 View Post
Why would either cause the router to stop internet access?
It wouldn't stop internet access from the router but you won't be able to access the internet through your pc, I've had problems with my bt homhub 3 putting computers onto static ip helped resolved the issue.

It depends on the actual issues from what i can assume of what has been posted it could be either if not more than what i have posted. If the DNS drops out you will be connected to the router but won't be able to access web pages. Some people i have dealt with think they cannot connect to the router when they are connected but the DNS is not working. DHCP - the router will throw up some errors along with that error symbol on the wireless icon, depending on how computer illiterate someone is this would show no connection to the internet.

Last edited by baker556; 14th March 2013 at 13:29.
baker556 is offline   Reply With Quote