View Single Post
Old 7th February 2010, 13:20   #1
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!
Default Simo's Turbo re-build Progress (GMC pics & video - page 18...)

This thread started off as a discussion about changing the orientation of a turbo, then evolved into a progress thread. Apologies for the techy ramblings on the first page or so

Peeps,

I started the preliminary re-build of my VTS yesterday. A few years ago I bought a new turbo and am currently thinking this may be best to use, rather than throw it on the scrap heap and buy another new blower!

The orientation of the compressor is not how I want it. Ideally, I'd like the config to be the same as my old turbo, to reduce the hassle of re-routing some of the pipework.

Looking at rotating the housing doesn't look too tricky? I need to swing the compressor housing by approx 90degrees. Once Ive dont this though, the new turbo actuator bracket won't pick up with any mounting holes.

So... looks like Im gonna have to drop it off at a turbo outfit and get them to swing things about. To do it properly, I think Im going to have to do the 90degree rotate, then get a shorter actuator arm and get a mounting bracket that mounts on the inner compressor housing, rather than the outer.

Im guessing there are gazillions of off the shelf parts to allow this to be done. Anyone give me a yay or a nay!?

Cheers.

Simo
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5776.jpg (123.7 KB, 523 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5799.jpg (89.7 KB, 384 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5803.jpg (96.5 KB, 290 views)

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote