View Single Post
Old 20th July 2010, 21:08   #226
tweeqd
Established Member
Track / Motorsport Prep

Car(s): AX GT 16v turbo 6 speed with NOS 205 gti6 E 320
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
tweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nicetweeqd is just really nice

cars :roll:

Got the dash in and finished yest and took it on a little drive to get some fuel on the trade plates and all went well

so thought id do the MOT on it today
start with this

look under hear

and end up with one of these

after that me and a mate decided to grab the trade plates again and go for a proper drive to shake it down, once out of the village i booted it and saw plumes of smoke from the back, pulled over and it turns out the rear tyres are rubbing on the arch under acceleration as its still a little too low and the shocks are set too soft so on sunday i raised it 10 mm at the back and adusted the shocks. once on to the bypass i thought id test it properly :mrgreen:
its quick when it gets going but i noticed when on full throttle the coolant goes from 80 to 120
so went back to the workshop to check it out

i suppose the upside is atleast now i can skim and port the head the bloody headgasket has gone, cant complain as i did pay £100 for the engine, loom, ecu and gearbox. a bit gutted cos ive only done 10 miles in it and the engine is ythe only bit i havent had apart as it was ment to be temp.
tweeqd is offline   Reply With Quote