View Single Post
Old 4th March 2006, 19:57   #17
oilman
Established Member

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
oilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud ofoilman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratty
the only problem with all of this is it appears that your more sales orientated than individual product/application, unless multiple manufacturers models and cars fall in to the same categorys (I see your posts on alot of forums i read) The only reason I say this and your quite within your right to correct me, but ive asked twice about my particular car and application and ive had 2 seperate answers and reasons, where as 1 I agree with the other was more err sales...
We use a proprietory database to source information on all cars back to 1980 (in fact the same one as used by Castrol, mobil and many others).

The information is going to be pretty repetitive in what is recommended particularly in most cars post 1990 as the OEM's are all moving in the same direction grade wise except for maybe the likes of BMW and VAG who are moving towards 0w-30.

Yes I am bound to recommend the products that I sell, they are the ones I know intimately although selling 6 brands does give me more scope than most out there.

More importantly I know the quality well and can advise on some other brands where I have chemical analysis.

We are on 300+ forums so you will bump into us from time to time no matter what car you have.

Honest answer like it or not

Cheers
Simon
oilman is offline   Reply With Quote