Thread: using SMARTBOX
View Single Post
Old 17th January 2003, 00:41   #20
axsaxoman
Saxperience Forum Bum
Track / Motorsport PrepContent Contributor

iTrader Score: 1 (100%)
axsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really niceaxsaxoman is just really nice

What SIMO says is correct ,to a point, about the sig con. it also disconnects the lambda control when on boost,so it doesn,t try to take out the fuel you have just added. Also when using 2bar sensor with sig con it sends the correct signal to ecu ,but allows what ever other fuelling device to see the raw signal from non std map sensor. If you try and use std map sensor ,even for std ecu ,it will eventually fail, then you will still have to buy a new one ,there are other functions on the sig con 3 as well,like water injection control,or nitrous control relative to boost and or inlet temp,so it means that you can set No2 to only come in above a cettain boost ,nothing to do with throttle postion ,thus helping to cut wheelspin and saving a lot of gas. when used with s/c it becomes even more economical ,as you will only achieve the user set boost level ( say 2psi below max )when the rpm is near max power ,so it means you will get a very controllable car ,plus you will only use small amounts of the gas because when it comes in the rpm will rise to max in a very short time ,so the usage is very small.and anyway whats the point of having an extra 75bhp in second gear at full throttle when all its gonna go is spin wheels ,you can do that without the no2 if the car is set right anyway. the real reason for using the sig con is to make the car more drivable ,no ecu fault lights and possible going on to limp mode(newr type cars ,not just citroen) and allow easy and economic setting up. there are newer type cars whcih you will never get to run right without using this unit ,thats why ,i had to spend months developing it.

I am a unichip agent and have been promised this new unit for last 12 months ,It will come ,but i wouldn,t hold your breath for it

And even when it does come the price will be such that it will be no cheaper ,plus any adjustments will require a trip to rollers and associated costs.

astd unchip fitted is approx £400 ,add the £100 ,then vat and probavly more labour time ,and no self adjustment. you make the decision which is best ,or indeed more use to you . my units are not ecu specific so can br fitted to any after market turbo/super charger installation

there is no unit made by anyone that can fulfill the requirements of a retro fit turbo /supercharger as well as this .there are also other channels that can be used to switch other devices ,relative to boost /tempature.If have need to turn something on or off relative to an engine signal then it can probably do it