View Single Post
Old 20th July 2011, 21:50   #84
Brenz
Regular Poster

Car(s): Saxo Desire 1.1
Brenz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
. Im just describing how its build quality is much superior to a PC in everyway all pc's are plastic shite
1) PC = Personal Computer. A Mac is a PC.

2) Computers are not made out of plastic. The front is usually made out of Plastic to add a better finish to the machine but behind the case will actually be made out of metal.

Quote:
They dont make sense, you have to defrag your computer etc to keep up its performance like a service they should just work all the time as does a mac.
3) Both Windows OS and OSX have defrag. Defragmenting is the process of grouping together all the data that makes up a file and storing it in a single area on the Hard Drive to reduce seek times on the disk which in turn improves read/write performance.

In this aspect, OSX is actually stupid and Defrags constantly which increases load on the disk, slows performance, slows read/write speeds and causes unneseccary wear on the disk itself. In Windows its an option that can be run manually or scheduled. Under normal usage a computer shouldn't need to be defragmented any more than maybe twice a year at the most and should be done while the computer isnt being used.

Quote:
My mac will outperform your computer end of
4) It wont. Like I have said before, the hardware underneath is EXACTLY the same. Mac's used to use Apples own processors but made the switch to Intel CPU's found in Windows computers back in 2004. Your OS then requires more system resources to run itself which means software has fewer resources to run which will result in slower performance.

Quote:
I can GARUNTEE YOU i could run more programmes than your pc and ANY macbook pro will not slow at all
5) Not possible, unless Apple have mastered quantum computing and secretly built it into a Mac if you run software it WILL slow down.

Thats a bit like saying that it doesnt matter how much you have to carry you can still cover a mile in the same time. If you have programs taking up resources, other programs wont be able to use it and will run slower.
Brenz is offline   Reply With Quote