View Single Post
Old 28th May 2018, 11:53   #5
VTR-KING
L-plater

VTR-KING is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartinObviously View Post
What engine and year of car is it? 3 plug or single plug ECU?

Just to narrow down which loom it has

The only air sensor is on the inlet manifold itself and has a negligible effect on performance.
Its a vtr 03 reg, not sure about plug ecu how can i tell?

And yes it does plug in to the top of the inlet manifold.

I have had the car around 4 years and its been the most mechanically sound car ive ever had apart from the common idle revs now and again.

But now theres a strange problem with it misfiring and stalling. I went away a few months back about a 2hr drive and it was fine then the morning after i got in and the revs were really lumpy and where as normally i can get the car rolling in first by just letting the clutch out (none or hardly any gas) everytime i went to let the clutch out the revs were bouncing up and down and would stall everytime so i had to rev the car really hard just to stop it from stalling.

I started the engine after a couple months sat around (not my daily anymore) and again just on tickover it would run ok for a while then cough and splutter and eventually cut out. Anyway you say the air sensor is negligible but while it was ticking over i touched the wire and it affected it (either making i die or run better) so i thought brilliant i found the problem

Strange part is though its like every other time i start the car is absolutely fine again, for this reason ive thought a couple of times oh its fine must of been some mucky fuel or something. One of the four wires is completely detached now and i called a mechanic up to show him the problem and when he arrived it wasnt showing the symptoms, TYPICAL Ey.

Sorry for longwinded post mate just wanted to get everything in so you or someone else may be abe to help with the problem.

Thanks again!
VTR-KING is offline   Reply With Quote