MJ05LLY
Established Member
Yorkshire Region Member

Car(s): Audi TTS
iTrader Score: 13 (100%)
MJ05LLY is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom5190 View Post
TTS is an awesome choice! I would of gone for one if it was in my price range. I've driven a few DSG and I wasn't hugely keen, plus I've seen a few have problems with them and the initial price seemed to be higher too. It is quite awkward to get quickly through the gears by the time you take your hand of the stick to grab the wheel its time to change again. Although I imagine a lot of that is down to me not being especially good with it at the minute I missed 4th today completely and ended up in 6th ha.
Well I have driven a manual TTS and TT TDi and was happy enough with both, being used to manual and all that.
But I think back to when I used a Golf GT TDi with the DSG and I was quite happy with it. Reading a few forums they say with a DSG flash it helps it hang onto gears a little better.
I know what you mean about price range, but they are coming down quite quickly at the min with the Mk3 due late next year. Im just waiting for that right moment. I will be quite mad if I buy one now and then in another 4/6 weeks they drop another £1/2k

Looks a good car though mate. Very nice indeed! Like you said S1 is 300 plus ponies, plenty to keep most occupied for a little while.
MJ05LLY is offline   Reply With Quote