View Single Post
Old 7th February 2010, 14:26   #4
Simop
Administrator
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth West Region Member

Car(s): Blue Saxo VTS Turbo/White Megane F1 R26
iTrader Score: 3 (100%)
Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!Simo is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandyslover70 View Post
i've turned comprssor housings on garrett off land rover tdi's just by unbolting the wastegate actuator bracket and compressing the circlip slightly, twisted the body to the desired position then re-drilling and tapping the bracket mounting holes.
Thanks - expected the rotation to be as simple as that. Problem being on this turbo, the actuator bracket holes are on the outside of the compressor housing, so cant re-drill.

Think I will have to move the bracket to the inner edge of the compressor housing and re-drill/tap... but then I will need a shorter actuator rod. (See picture 2 and 3)

Can the rod simply be chopped down? I've not looked at how the rod is attached.

Simo's Turbo Re-build Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by Graeme
The Focus is ace! Smooth ride and cheap as chips!
Simo is offline   Reply With Quote