View Single Post
Old 15th November 2013, 09:12   #74
craig180p
Yorkshire
Track / Motorsport PrepContent ContributorNorth East Region MemberYorkshire Region Member

Car(s): 1989 Golf GTi Clipper
iTrader Score: 74 (100%)
craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!craig180 is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfJay View Post
I'm currently suffering from man flu won't go I to it too much.

As of August last year, legislation has put the responsibility on the vehicles registered keepers. It was previously the responsibility of the driver. If you receive a fine and CANNOT provide the details of the driver on the specified time/date/location then the responsibility for the payment is with you.

I read loads of posts like the original post in this thread. Came to Run To The Sun this year and overstayed in a car park run by Parking Eye. Thought "fuck it, they can't do anything about it" and came home. I received a letter and ignored it, three times actually. Received a final warning letter and ignored it. And then received a court summons. Spoke to a solicitor and that's when we were informed of the new legislation.

Ended up folking out £160 for my troubles.
I can't find any info on this new legislation.

Ultimately, the parties acting on behalf of land owners were relying on contract law in order to prosecute. Thus far no precedent has been set in the high court whereby any motorist has been prosecuted for overstaying on a private car park.

You also need to consider extortion as part of the "invoicing" process and any losses the land owner may have incurred. Usually these do not total the fines/invoices.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jw1325 View Post
I heard a prick with a quiff stays there.
craig180 is offline   Reply With Quote