Old 7th November 2012, 13:05   #1
greyjasper51
Established Member
Track / Motorsport PrepSouth East Region MemberEast Anglia Region Member

Car(s): posi blue vtrs race car
iTrader Score: 2 (100%)
greyjasper51 is on a distinguished road
Default Pads

Not sure if anyone else cares but heres my experience on pads with standard disks at brands yesterday...

Standard pads over heated in 3 laps and warped the disks... Fade got as bad as it would after 5 laps (am running 5.1 fully synthetic fluid) stopping was difficult and long...

Banged come rc6's on the front with std still in the rear and bedded them in for 1-2 laps...

Well the brakes were fully transformed could brake later for less time and stop sooner, no where near as much heat going into the brakes or rims and therefore tyres not over heating...

This is gonna sound stupid but went faster in the straights as well before in the straight would hit 105-108 before braking for paddock after the change i coukd hit 110-112... They helped through clearways as i xould get it stopped quicker and get my foot in earlier therefore more time flat out and also brake later with more confidence at the end of the straight... Also going through surtees i could take it flat in 4th about 85-88 because i knew i could stop before clearways and get round without running out of track...

Hope this helps people

http://www.saxperience.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=424462
greyjasper51 is offline   Reply With Quote