Thread: VTR vs VTS
View Single Post
Old 26th September 2008, 19:09   #16
Steve
Saxperience Hardcore!
Track / Motorsport PrepScotland Region MemberNorth East Region Member

Car(s): CW Honda Integra DC5
iTrader Score: 23 (100%)
Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!Steve is absolutely fabulous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hard_corejoeboy View Post
Basically the VTS is the top of the range model so it stands to reason it will be the fastest.
MK1 VTR has 90bhp
MK2 VTR has 98bhp
All VTS has 120bhp

Think the stats are for the mk1s

VTR 0-60 9.3secs top speed 113mph
VTS 0.60 7.5secs top speed 127mph

The VTS also has ABS and and extra passenger airbag and different alloys.

Basically the VTS is the superior car and im a VTR owner don't listen to what people say a VTS is just better. Only reason i don't have one is its insurance group 14 (as opposed to a VTR's insurance group 7) and the mpg are nearly 10 apart...

VTR top speed is more like 121 on the brochure.....

what you mean the VTS is just better? explain?

Cheaper to tax, better on MPG just as if not faster round tight tracks, and the cars cheaper to buy and insure.

Just because people have a VTS doesnt meant they know how to drive, there isnt that much in it at all even in a straight line its only when the VTS is in the last part of 3rd it really starts to pull away, meaning on a tight track where 2nd is mainly used, the VTR will always be there, using less fuel aswel.

Quote:
Gold VTR VTS Interior, Momo gearknob, Lockwood Dials, Angel Eyes, Smoked rear lexus lights, BK333 15s, Toyo Proxes T1R and T1S, EBC Discs and Greenstuff pads, Spacers and calipers painted green, Black wind deflectors, black meshed grill with citroen sign, full stainless steel exhaust, Raceland induction kit.....and soon to be LOWERED MOOHAHA!
with all that shite on your VTR put it on a VTS bet i could still beat you in a VTR round the track

As for standard on standard, a) i would rather a glove box then some shitty Airbag, the ABS 9/10 will break all the time, the seats still look shite, your still going to get shite mpg compared to the VTR.

Yes i suppose it is the better car on paper, but you cant slate the VTR for what it is.

Try living with a VTS for a week, driving it to work sitting in traffic, you'll soon wish you had your VTR back purely for the MPG round town the VTS gets something like 22 iirc which is fucking aweful.
The VTR will always be nippier around town, unless your happy being over 4k revs in 1st all the time trying to keep up.

Last edited by Steve; 26th September 2008 at 19:15.